Repeating Table Display & Calculation - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Table Display & Calculation

Last post 01-27-2011 04:56 PM by Ted Fitch. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2011 03:24 PM

• Joey_86
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-23-2010
    • Sydney
    • Posts 28

Repeating Table Display & Calculation

Hi,

I have an IP 2010 form with 2 sections, as per below:

Section 1 - Captures data from a Sharepoint Calendar into a drop-down field, once the user makes a selction in the drop-down field it then has seperate text fields below which display different information of that selection.

Section 2 - Captures data from a Sharepoint Forms library, as above once the user makes a selction in the drop-down field it then has seperate text fields below which display different information of that selection.

Basically, I want to have a 'Select' button on each of the two sections above, but below them I want to have a table which has 'Qty, Description & Cost' so that when the user makes a selection from either of the top sections and selects 'Select' that selection then gets auto-populated into the table, the data from both sections also has a cost, that is why I require the table so I can add a calculation field at the bottom of the table to calculate the total cost of the user's selections.

This might be a bit tricky as I haven't come across a template which shows something similar, but if it could be possible to produce without coding that'd be easier, cheers.

• 01-27-2011 04:56 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table Display & Calculation

Hi Joey,

I think you should be able to accomplish that with our qRules tool: http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/qRules.aspx

We have some commands for working with tables such as "CopyTable" which you should be able to use to do what you describe.

qRules is code BUT you don't need to know code to use it.  Basically you inject the qRules DLL into your form and then you use the rules to use the qRules command.  So using the familiar user interface in InfoPath you can leverage the power of code.

There is a trial version if you are interested.

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.