The form template associated with this form cannot be found. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The form template associated with this form cannot be found.

Last post 01-27-2011 11:11 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2011 12:10 PM

The form template associated with this form cannot be found.

Hi Forum,

We deployed an InfoPath form onto a SharePoint site for a client some time ago and everything has been going fine.  Recently they upgraded to Office 2007.  Now when they try and access the form on the SharePoint site they get the message:

"The form template associated with this form cannot be found.  It is not on your computer and the form does not specify a location from which to retrieve it.

To fix this problem, as the form author to provide the location of the form template or update the form."

I had the client run diagnostics (infopath -> help -> diagnostics), removed the InfoPath cache as mentioned on Greg's blog, and I renamed and republished the form to the SharePoint library as well.  Nothing worked.  Any ideas?  

• 01-21-2011 12:30 PM In reply to

Re: The form template associated with this form cannot be found.

Hi, Wich version of Sharepoint do you use ?

On your document library settings, advanced settings what is your template URL?

• 01-21-2011 01:02 PM In reply to

Hi,

We're using SharePoint 2003.  The template url is: QEC Library/Forms/template.xsn

• 01-21-2011 01:42 PM In reply to

What happens if they try to create a new document in that form library?

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-24-2011 07:00 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary!

They see the following error message with they click new document in the form library.

• 01-24-2011 08:45 AM In reply to

Do you have IP 2007 installed on your machine? Can you open the template?

Can your users open the template in design mode?

What about updates -- are their IP 2007 installs on the latest service packs?

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-25-2011 07:46 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

1. Yes, I have IP 2007 installed on my machine and I can open the template in both places.
    2. Yes, the user can open the template in design mode.
    3. No, their IP 2007 is not on the latest service pack.  I've asked them to install the latest service pack.  I'll let you know the result.

• 01-27-2011 11:11 AM In reply to

Hi, Sam:

Just updating this with some of our findings thus far.

The user can open the template and the already saved XML by using the URL to those items instead of opening from SharePoint.

Updating to SP 2 doesn't seem to have fixed the issue -- in fact, this same user has a laptop with Office 2007 SP1 on it, and he can open the template  and any saved XML on that machine.

This has occurred to at least one other user.

This is their only form library, and you plan on creating another form library for them to see if it is something to do with the form itself.

The form template does not appear to have a publishUrl attribute, which strikes me as odd, and I've suggested you try republishing the template.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.