Escaping HTML entities - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Escaping HTML entities

Last post 03-07-2011 12:52 PM by Josee Sevigny. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2011 08:54 AM

Escaping HTML entities

Hi,

I have a 2007 filler form where I populate user information through a data connection to the GetUserProfilebyName web service. When the name contains an apostrophe, such as O'brian, it comes back as O'brian. When the department contains an ampersand, such as A&A, it comes back as A&A.

When displaying these values through controls on the form or through a rule message box, the HTML entities show as is. However, when I use the same data connection through code to populate a dropdown list, it comes out fine.

What would be the best way to escape these values. Is there a configutation setting I may have missed?

Thanks for any help you may offer. 

Josée Sévigny
  • 01-15-2011 06:33 AM In reply to

Hi HighlandGirl5,

I think you may have stumbled on a bug in how InfoPath handles the escaped data. The code is un-escaping it but the InfoPath UI doesn't - it just treats it as a string. It's possible there is some kind of encoding trick that would help here. We at Qdabra have this Active Directory Web Service (ADWS) that I believe works fine in the same situation so it might have something to do with how GetUserProfileName is working internally.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - as far as I know you are the first to find this issue.

Clayton Cobb has a great website "Clayton's SharePoint Madness" that has a lot of tips including how to use GetUserProfileByName. He may have run into this issue before. Might be worth emailing him. He also frequents this forum.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 03-07-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

I'm adding a few links to other threads that have the same issue. No viable solution has been found so far.

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/t/18441.aspx

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/10308/36917.aspx

Josée Sévigny
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.