Forms Services Connecting to Excel Services Problem in SharePoint 2010... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Forms Services Connecting to Excel Services Problem in SharePoint 2010...

Last post 02-11-2014 11:56 PM by RaYvA. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2010 11:25 PM

Forms Services Connecting to Excel Services Problem in SharePoint 2010...

I have an InfoPath 2010 form that works perfectly in InfoPath (No problem connecting to and using Excel Services) itself...

However, when I publish this to into SharePoint and try to use Forms Services I get the following error "There has been an error while processing the form"  and when I compare this with the Event logs I see:

There was a form postback error. (..., Type: KeyNotFoundException, Exception Message: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)

Which tells me absolutely nothing.

I am running the form with automatic security and it is currently set to the Domain Level.

The Excel Services library is in the same site as the form and does not access anything external (i.e. just using it for calculations).

From what I can tell Calling Excel Services from InfoPath Forms Services should be possible… I found some suggestions that you need to externalize the data connections to a Data Connection Library… so I started testing… and this allowed me to open the workbook…(i.e. make a receive web service call) however any Submit Web Service connections (whether contained in InfoPath Doc or in Data connection Library (to SetCellA1 or CloseWorkbook)) seemed to be the continued cause of failure by the process of elimination…I validated this by externalizing the core connections, approving them, and then trying to hit them (openworkbook succeeds but any SetCellA1 and CloseWorkbook calls do not…)

In fact ANY calls to SubmitData seem to fail

Not sure why this is happening or what to do to fix it...

Any thoughts?

• 01-09-2011 03:52 PM In reply to

Re: Forms Services Connecting to Excel Services Problem in SharePoint 2010...

What were the errors after externalizing the data connections?  Submitting like that from browser forms is very tricky due to the authentication.  When opening a browser form, the WFE acts on your behalf, which causes a double-hop.  If you don't have Kerberos enabled for the farm and for Excel Services, then it's not likely to work when submitting.

• 01-30-2013 02:00 PM In reply to

• Daxer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-15-2009
    • Posts 7

Hi Harper91,

Since i have exactly the same problem as you described (its now almost februari 2013 i am wondering if this ever will be solved) i am curious if you could solve this finally and which solution worked for you. This have been bugging me for months and i need to solve it as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your response.

• 02-11-2014 11:56 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Hi, I have a large model in Excel Services that I have been using from Infopath Forms Service also.

One of the previous comments could be true that there is a security issue due to the double hop authentication, although, we do NOT have Kerberos in our environment.

I noticed on one of my forms, I could NOT get the form to work as a browser enabled form even though it looked like I had everything correct on my form!

I actually recreated the whole form again, from scratch and now it works in the browser! (A test form screen shot using my Excel model is attached)

The only difference, I believe, was that when I created the first form I used 'Blank Form' as the template, and on the second go I used 'SharePoint Form Library' template!! Go figure!!

Oh, yes and every web services call EXCEPT 'CloseWorkbook' work, yet, I can call OpenWorkbook as many times as I like and get a different session id returned, which is strange.

On my form I am actually passing in ~ 60 parameters (about 10 years of financial data) using a single string, the Excel model splits the string up and populates the model.  I have roughly another ~100-120 named ranges in the model that I then extract.

I would suggest creating a test form similar to the one attached to check out that you can actually achieve this in your environment.

I'm more than happy to create a blog/video explaining how to do this similar to Hilary Stoupa's Excel REST connection method if anyone is interested?

Cheers

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.