Bug or not? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Bug or not?

Last post 11-01-2010 01:20 PM by stuckinoregon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2010 12:52 PM

Bug or not?

Just wanting to hear from others that are using infopath to submit to SharePoint lists. We recently ran into a very frustrating issue and are trying to figure out whether it's a defect or something already known. I've created multiple forms that users submit that writes via a web service to a list on SharePoint. In this particular instance, I wrote all of the C# code for submitting and event handling functions to a new list. However, no matter what I tried, I could not get data to submit to the list. There were no errors in the build and the message boxes said that the data had submitted successfully. In the past this kind of an issue was usually traced back to some sort of change in the GUID for the list. This time though I verified it multiple times. 

What we eventually discovered was the culprit was that I had several fields in the CAML code that contained numbers. Once I changed those out to be alpha only, everything submitted just fine. I have been able to recreate this situation multiple times. Can someone tell me if this is intended behavior or do I need to let the farm administrators know that there may be an issue?

Regards

• 11-01-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

Hi, generally for this kind of issue you have something wrong on your query, I suggest you to simplify it to just one field and try it again.

• 11-01-2010 01:20 PM In reply to

That's what I'm saying. We change out the number for a letter ie, field1 becomes fieldA and everything works fine. Is that standard behavior or is this an anomaly in our environment?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.