How to use bi-lingual labels on browser based infopath forms? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to use bi-lingual labels on browser based infopath forms?

Last post 10-28-2010 01:37 AM by rahulbabar. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2010 10:15 PM

How to use bi-lingual labels on browser based infopath forms?

Hi All,

I need to dynamically put the labels on infopath form in english/arabic depending upon the current language selection. Currently I am putting both labels seperated by "/". But this is increasing width of infopath form. Can we use some resource files or any other work around to achieve this. I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Rahul Babar

================================================
    ASP.NET, C#, Sharepoint 2007/2010/2013/SP Online, Infopath 2007/2010/2013 Admin/Developer
  • 10-28-2010 12:48 AM In reply to

Re: How to use bi-lingual labels on browser based infopath forms?

Add the strings to a secondary data source and use calculated values to change the labels based on the xpath to the secondary data source (and a filter for the currently selected language). Easy money! :)

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 10-28-2010 01:37 AM In reply to

Re: How to use bi-lingual labels on browser based infopath forms?

Thanks a lot Patrick for the quick response. This works for me. Only thing is I am trying to display labels in Arabic and English and the labels in Arabic are also left aligned. Is there any workaround for this? Also I am using drop down to select the language. Can we get the language from browser and change labels accordingly?

I have attached sample form for reference.

Rahul Babar

================================================
    ASP.NET, C#, Sharepoint 2007/2010/2013/SP Online, Infopath 2007/2010/2013 Admin/Developer
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.