Problem publishing infopath form to MOSS 2007 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problem publishing infopath form to MOSS 2007

Last post 11-18-2010 02:37 AM by princevis. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2010 03:25 AM

Problem publishing infopath form to MOSS 2007

Hi All,

I am 1 month old to Infopath 2007. I published the form to MOSS 2007 successfully. But suddenly yesterday I am not able to publish the form. It gives me "Updating Content type failed" error.

Yesterday, I added 2 buttons, few connections & few rules. I tried enabling signature and then I rolled back. Is this are the root cause

I deleted Form Library in Sharepoint and tried recreating it manually and via Publishing form. But NO HELP. I tried the same stuff on another site too, but unsuccess. I tried deleting all columns during publishing which i meant to add to sharepoint, but still gives same error.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 10-22-2010 04:23 PM In reply to

Re: Problem publishing infopath form to MOSS 2007

Is there any additional error? Do you have access to the SharePoint logs, or do you have someone you work with who does, in case there is more info in the logs?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-25-2010 01:31 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Thanks for your reply. No, I don't have any privilege to see logs :(.

This morning, i tried creating new infopath form taking fields from my old form. However, I can't publish it again :(

I am even not adding any columns to sharepoint. There are simple fields/textbox in my new form. I can't publish though.

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 10-28-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

So, it sounds like you can't publish ANY InfoPath forms to ANY of your SharePoint sites? I guess at this point I'd try to publish a form to a library from a different machine, or from your machine signed in as a different user, so you can start tracking down where the problem is. You may need to get your SharePoint admin involved -- I'm guessing you have someone who has access to the SharePoint logs, right?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-30-2010 03:12 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have person contact (admin) to see logs.Let me check. Yes, I tred with different credentials on my machine. I also tried publishing with my crednetails on other machine. But no success.

However, i can publish Infopath in Infopath 2003 though. But, Infopath 2003 doesn't fit my business requirements. Let me give more details on  my site for your understanding.

But I couldn't publish though. Do i need to make any settings on server side ?

Thanks,

Chintan

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 11-02-2010 05:05 PM In reply to

It just seems so odd that you were able to publish as a content type originally, and now cannot, not even when you create a brand new form. I'd have your admin look at the error logs and see if there is any info there that could help.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-03-2010 06:30 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Can you tell me where i can find logs which can give me details on this error?

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 11-03-2010 07:07 AM In reply to

Sharepoint logs can be found here Program files->Common Files->Microsoft Shared->Web Server extensions->12-> LOGS

Also please refer eventvwr logs to see security and application related logs.

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
  • 11-08-2010 05:05 AM In reply to

Thanks vishal for your reply.

Finally, I got the solution. Form Service on "Site collection Feature"  link was not activated. However, Its only my assumption not the fact. I have one more query. If i activate this serive on production environment. Does it impact any serive/features/component in my web apps.?

Please let me know on this.

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 11-15-2010 03:33 AM In reply to

Nope - i activate Office Sharepoint Enterprise Feature on Central Admin / Site colleciton /site...but still i am not able to publish my form.

But, I got to know one thing - my web apps. is built under portal...This portal is not under our access. Do i need to activate this service in this portal too ? pls pls let me know.

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 11-15-2010 03:44 AM In reply to

Hi Chintan,

First of all you need to Activate Office Sharepoint server Enterprise Site collection features in your Site collection Features and then activate Office sharepoint Server enterprise features on your Site features where you are deploying the form. Let me know if you cant publish the problem even after activating these two features.

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
  • 11-18-2010 01:59 AM In reply to

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had already activated both of this feature last week. But, still not able to publish. Some where here (http://thorprojects.com/blog/archive/2007/06/26/infopath-2007-publishing-to-sharepoint-updating-the-site-content-type-failed.aspx) i read, that we should publish infopath at site collection level rather than on site level. Is that so ? I tried this, but no help.

Now, I am trying to activate "Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure", but unable to do so. It take 5-10min. and then it give "Error on page" error.

I also tried looking to log files but error msg is not user friendly. On my production box, i found no error in event log. :(

Please guide.

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 11-18-2010 02:06 AM In reply to

When you are trying to publish the form, what is the error that you are getting, please send me the screenshot,

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
  • 11-18-2010 02:27 AM In reply to

Hi Vishal,

Below are screen shot when clicking on publish button. But, I am having feeling that portal on which our web apps is built is having some problem, but don't know what is the problem.

after clicking on publish button

Thanks,
    Chintan
  • 11-18-2010 02:37 AM In reply to

Send me the screen shots on vishal.4april@gmail.com

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.