Add a supporter and refresh drop down list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Add a supporter and refresh drop down list

Last post 10-22-2010 09:22 AM by Howard. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2010 05:03 PM

Add a supporter and refresh drop down list

Hi, InfoPath 2007 has turned into a fantastic data entry tool for my SQL Server database.

I'd like to ask a question that would put my form over the top.

I have a form to fill in database supporters. There is a drop down list that queries a secondary data source and pulls in the supporter names. Sometimes I fill in my form and when I get to the supporter name, I notice that I forgot to add a person to the supporters table so they are not in the drop down list.

As a result, I have been closing the database form and opening my "add a supporter" form and adding the person then reopening my database list form and filling it out again.

It would be great if I had an easier way to add a supporter and then refresh the drop downlist on my database form so it includes the new supporter. Is this possible? Can I build an "add supporter" section or view into my database form?

Thanks for the guidence.

Howard

• 10-20-2010 05:29 PM In reply to

Re: Add a supporter and refresh drop down list

Hi:

Couldn't you use a hyperlink with the URL of your Supporter form, and then have a "refresh" button next to the dropdown that re-queried the 2ds for the dropdown?

So, the user would click the "Create New Supporter" link, it opens the form, they fill it out, submit, then click the refresh button (use one of the *ding fonts that has little pictures for your button, and you can even have a little refresh symbol) and that runs the query for your supporters table.... Does that make sense?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-21-2010 09:45 AM In reply to

It does make sense. I went ahead and set it up that way.  I was hoping to do it all in the same .xsn file so I would only have to publish once but this works too. Can't test it until I'm given a location to publish but I see the url so no doubt it will work.

Thanks for your help Hilary.

Howard

• 10-22-2010 09:22 AM In reply to

This worked perfectly Hilary. The other form is opened from a url and then after pressing the refresh button, the new name appears in the list.

Thanks,

Howard

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.