Submit not working for certain sharepoint users - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit not working for certain sharepoint users

Last post 10-21-2010 11:14 AM by Fierhauk. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2010 02:10 PM

• Fierhauk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Santa Rosa, CA
    • Posts 20

Submit not working for certain sharepoint users

I have built an Infopath form for use on SharePoint using the qDabra qRules to add an attachment.

The form works fine for me, as I am a Team Site Owner. However I can not get the SaveToSharePoint command to take the attachment from the form and submit it. It returns this general error:

An error has occurred executing the rule. Failed to save
    to SharePoint. URL =
    'http://Servername/forms/sales/PriceChangeCreditForm/Forms/Filename.doc'.

Now, I want them to be able to perform this functionality without having to give them full rights. I have tried adding the user to the `servername/forms' with full rights to no avail.

What permissions setting am i missing or what rights are required to provide full access to the document functionality. I know the form is not the issue as it works with my domain account that has Team Site Owner rights.

Any input greatly apprecaited...

• 10-20-2010 11:54 PM In reply to

Re: Submit not working for certain sharepoint users

Hi Fierhauk,

Thanks for trying out qRules. You shouldn't have to set special permissions. We have lots of people using the attachment save functionality without any issues.

I'm wondering if it is because the URL is hard-coded to ".../Filename.doc". Are you specifying the filename? If so, it may fail if the filename already exists.

Please let us know. If you can add the command to a blank form and reproduce the error, please attach the XSN for the blank form and we'll investigate.

Thanks for your patience!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 10-21-2010 07:49 AM In reply to

• Fierhauk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Santa Rosa, CA
    • Posts 20

Patrick,

I am not using a hard-coded method to attach the file. I just attempted with a never before used file as well and it created a filename of `.../2010102107431040171_New Sales Territories 8.2.07.doc' which follows the protocol of date/time stamping it creates.

The only thing I see is there could be a permissions error... otherwise this would be a problem universal to all logins whereas I am able to use the SaveToSharePoint logic with some logins but not others (unfortunately in this case the entire sales team that will be using the forms).

I'll attempt to attach a .xsn of the form listed. There is no proprietary information that would be problematic to post.

Thanks for the assistance...

• 10-21-2010 08:12 AM In reply to

Here's another idea: do the other people have the save location in their local intranet zone? If not and it's on a separate site you could have a cross domain issue. Just an idea though. We'll look at the form next...

Patrick Halstead
  • 10-21-2010 08:25 AM In reply to

Hi -- are your users opening the form in the browser? Or in client? What version of SharePoint?

Thanks...

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-21-2010 08:34 AM In reply to

• Fierhauk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Santa Rosa, CA
    • Posts 20

Hello,

The form is created in InfoPath 2007 and then administratively published to SharePoint 2007. The users will be opening the form in their browsers and the form generally is just emailing the contents of the form (when submitted) to some ticketing queues for processing.

The form was saved as Full Trust as well (required to even get the attachment feature to work with some of the user accounts).

Thanks for any info or assitance!

• 10-21-2010 08:37 AM In reply to

• Fierhauk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Santa Rosa, CA
    • Posts 20

Luckily there is only one domain for our organization to deal with. They are opening and submitting the forms on the same server/internet zone. When the forms were initially concieved (without attachments) they saved a copy to the sharepoint library upon submit. This worked for all users but has since been deemed unnecessary so was removed. This would indicate on some level that the users can write to the forms library, but wherever the attachments are being stored may have different permissions.

When you process an `attach document' i know it creates a link, but where exactly on the sharepoint server is the file created that the link points to? I cant find this in the documentation and perhaps access to that location (or file) is limited preventing non-administrative types from attaching forms?

• 10-21-2010 08:55 AM In reply to

When you say "When you process an attach document I know it creates a link", can you help me understand what you are referring to? Do you mean the qRules SaveToSharePoint command? If so, the link is placed in the attribute to the file attachment called qRulesLink.

Your users all have permissions to save files to the target form library you are using for the /url parameter of your SaveToSharePoint command, right?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-21-2010 09:08 AM In reply to

• Fierhauk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Santa Rosa, CA
    • Posts 20

By processing an attachment i do mean the SaveToSharePoint command. The qRulesLink is displayed and, when it works correctly, is active and can recall the file when clicked.

My understanding is they have access to the target library i am using. The target is the same as the location of the form itself but I dont see any of the attached files appearing (that work when i run this with my Team Site Owner access) in the library. Are they stored elsewhere in Sharepoint that I am missing. 

• 10-21-2010 09:53 AM In reply to

Probably need to allow the InfoPath Forms Service account to save to the attachments location ... form shouldn't need to be full trust since IPFS will not impersonate the user accounts.

Patrick Halstead
  • 10-21-2010 11:14 AM In reply to

• Fierhauk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Santa Rosa, CA
    • Posts 20

Dug a bit further into the permissions. There were two tiers of permissions access:

http://sharepoint-server/forms/sales/ -- This is where the form libraries were set

http://sharepoint-server/forms/sales/formname/forms/ -- This is where the attachment goes

The folder where the form libraries were organized only had read permissions while there was full rights to the formname folders. Once I provided full access to both tiers in this chain things started working.

Thanks for all the assist on this. May have not been solution you provided but without your questions and prompting i wouldn't have stumbled on the solution.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.