Form based on Web Service stops working - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form based on Web Service stops working

Last post 10-21-2010 08:26 AM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2010 01:52 AM

• phil d
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-19-2010
    • London
    • Posts 7

Form based on Web Service stops working

Created a form based on a Web Service which uses "track changes" to submit a repeating table as a dataset to a web service to handle multiple inserts/updates/deletes all in one web service call.

Decided to convert the form to use Universal Data connections so as to be able to have Live and Test versions using different site collections

All the secondary data connections work fine BUT the "main submit" does not work any more - no records are inserted in the database table

I read somewhere (TOO LATE!) that Web forms do not support "track changes" but I am using Infopath Client.  Is it the case that UDC's do not support "track changes" or have I missed something that I can easily fix.

Worst thing is that converting to UDC's is irreversible.  Tried unpacking the form and editing the MANIFEST.XSF using Notepad but that would not work either

Anybody got an answer? 

• 10-21-2010 12:12 AM In reply to

Re: Form based on Web Service stops working

Hi Phil D,

I have no idea about "track changes". Did you make a backup of your XSN?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 10-21-2010 04:18 AM In reply to

• phil d
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-19-2010
    • London
    • Posts 7

"track changes" refers to the last dialogue box in the main query data connection wizard when you connect to a web service as your main query.  You just tick a box

I managed to get the DBA to restore the Sharepoint database so I could get back to the last good version.  Figure it's time I started using SourceSafe!

It is a shame that 2 of the best features of InfoPath cannot be combined in the same form!!

• 10-21-2010 08:26 AM In reply to

Yeah, I know what you are talking about regarding "track changes", but don't know why it isn't working.

We can contact Microsoft if you want. We tend to use generic Web services here that don't change their parameters so the whole "track changes" thing is moot. We track changes to the XML and XSN in the Web Service (or in SharePoint if people have that). The problem with trying to do ADO update diffgrams (or whatever they are called) is that they don't work for old XML forms when multiple updates are made.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.