Workflow changes dropdown value - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Workflow changes dropdown value

Last post 10-11-2010 08:12 PM by Potemkine. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2010 09:07 AM

• Lolly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 21

Workflow changes dropdown value

In a non-browser form I have a dropdown with ID as value and employeeName as display value.  It works fine until I add a workflow to find information from another list and then update that list which is the data connection for the dropdown.  Then the submitted value shows the ID value in the dropdown instead of the employeeName.  I am updating a totally different column in the second list (changing isCompleted to 'Yes') so do not understand why it would affect my dropdown.  I have the query set to refresh on loading the form and also refresh on changing the dropdown.  Can you tell me why this happens?

• 10-11-2010 09:22 AM In reply to

Re: Workflow changes dropdown value

I,  check the value of your drop down on your Template form, sometime, the display value is bind with a title and the value with the ID. The value is publish on Sharepoint.

• 10-11-2010 02:44 PM In reply to

• Lolly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 21

Thanks for the response.  It is set up correctly in the template.  When I open the form in InfoPath after it is submitted, and without the workflow, everything is fine.  But if I turn on the workflow, and then open up a submitted form, it displays the ID instead of the person's name.  Any ideas?

• 10-11-2010 08:12 PM In reply to

Can you attach your form, when you reply, click on option tab, ...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.