Displaying data from a sharepoint list on a form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Displaying data from a sharepoint list on a form

Last post 10-11-2010 08:57 AM by Potemkine. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2010 06:24 AM

Displaying data from a sharepoint list on a form

Hi everyone,

Hopefully, someone will have an answer for this, as I've been working on it for a few hours now and I can't get it to work!

I have an InfoPath (2003) form, which is a 'Purchase Request' form that we'd like to start and use in the company.  Basically, people will open the form from Sharepoint, fill out the details and then send it via Sharepoint, via a workflow to their manager for approval, then onto the Purchasing team so the parts can be ordered.

With regards to the external suppliers that we have to buy from, I have generated a sample list in Sharepoint, with Company name, contact name, tel/fax number, e-mail etc etc.  Now, the question is... how can I get that data to show in the form?  I have figured out how to display ALL of the data on the form, but what I want to do is......

....put a drop down box into the form so users can simply choose a supplier from the drop down list, for example 'Supplier1'.    Then, once they have chosen the supplier shopwing I would like the supplier information from the sharepoint list (i.e. contact nane, tel/fax etc) to appear underneath.....

Is this possible??

I have figured out how to show data on the form from the list, but this is showing me everything in the one table, not just selected data.

Hopefully, one of you brainy guys can answer my question! 

Thanks

Jay

• 10-11-2010 07:38 AM In reply to

Re: Displaying data from a sharepoint list on a form

Hi, you can add a conditionnal formatting base on your drop down value. I attach an example.

• 10-11-2010 08:02 AM In reply to

Hi Potemkine,

Thanks for the reply, I can't open the attachment however as I only use 2003...  it says the XSN was created in version 12.00 (2007 maybe?)

Are you able to attach a 2003 version??

• 10-11-2010 08:08 AM In reply to

Ok, I save it, to 2003 compatible. Let me know if it's ok for you.

• 10-11-2010 08:37 AM In reply to

Thank you, it opened great.

However, what I need to know is, using the same type of design (i.e. layout) on my form, how can I populate boxes with information that is saved in a Sharepoint List?

For instance, if the user picks 'Supplier 1' from the drop down on the InfoPath form, I want all of the supplier 1 information that is saved in the Sharepoint List to populate underneath it.  That will save them typing it out all the time and is much easier to deal with, as our suppliers are always changing (new ones being added and old ones being removed etc)

I know how to link the InfoPath form to the Sharepoint List, but for some reason it shows EVERYTHING, not just data for 'one' supplier, which is what we would need to see on the form... just one supplier information only.  The next request form might be for another supplier however, so we need to be able to allow users to choose the supplier, which will automatically pop up the information for them.

Hoping you can help..... 

Jay

• 10-11-2010 08:57 AM In reply to

Hi, the form is just an example, I use a xml as secondary data connection, but it can be a sharepoint list. For the drop down, you can bind it to your sharepoint list and then you can show all your supplier. Have a look on the conditionnal formating of the repeating section on my form you can do the same on your template, and just show information of the drop down selection.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.