Setting the default optional section in a choice group via vba - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Setting the default optional section in a choice group via vba

Last post 10-05-2010 07:33 AM by Caeanis. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2010 11:44 AM

Setting the default optional section in a choice group via vba

Is this possible?  I have 3 radio button group and 3 optional sections, one of which should display when the appropriate radio button is clicked.  However only the optional section which is set as the default section shows when it's button is clicked.  The others do not.  So is it possible on the onclick event for the radio button group to set the appropriate optional section as the default so that it will show?  Or is there a way to enhance the rule in place to force the section to become visible?

• 10-04-2010 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: Setting the default optional section in a choice group via vba

And additional question is, is there a method or way to determine via vb which section is currently showing?  So that if I want to replace that section with another I can create code that first finds out if the section currently showing is the one I want, and if not replace it with the preferred section.?

• 10-04-2010 02:18 PM In reply to

I found that certain objects have a DefaultValue property. I'm wondering for a choice group if there is something like that that can be set programmatically?

• 10-05-2010 07:33 AM In reply to

After fighting with the form for half the night, a much simpler solution tapped me mentally on the shoulder.  Get rid of the Choice Group altogether and just use Optional Sections.  These work exactly as I wanted.  Doh!   I'm might be dumb, but I ain't stupid...  : )

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.