Concat section from a secondary data connection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concat section from a secondary data connection

Last post 09-08-2010 11:57 AM by bcenters. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2010 01:29 PM

Concat section from a secondary data connection

I have been banging my head for a week and need help...

I have a simple list populating information into SharePoint 2010 using Infopath 2010 called Notifications.  The list contains the following:

Name (which is the file name also), Email_Select, Email_Address, General, Email, Internet

There is more data but this will be sufficient if I can get this to work.

What I am attempting to do is have Infopath on another form (Call this Send Notifications) retrieve the information from this list and then use it to send an email to those that selected Email_Select and one of the applications, General, Email, Internet, etc...(Double Filter)

This is what I've got so far and am stuck:

On the Send Notifications form I have created a standard text box field to concat the email addresses(I may need to use another field type due to length constraints, or this could be one of the issues) Called Email_Concat

I have created a data connection to the first list called Notifications and selected all fields.

I put a button on the Send Notifications form to populate a field Email_Concat with this formula:

eval(eval(SharePointListItem_RW, 'concat(xdXDocument:GetDOM("Notifications")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Email_x0020_Address, ";")'), "..")

What I get back is the email address of the first row concatenated with the first row again the correct number of times.  It appears the loop is not going to the next row of the table.  When I look at the form data, it appears to be correct, and I can insert a filter at eval(SharePointListItem_RW[Filter} and this will populate a row I selected by filtering, but it then concatenates the same row. 

Can anyone help me with what I'm doing wrong?

Barry

• 09-08-2010 05:15 AM In reply to

Re: Concat section from a secondary data connection

Your formula should just be this, with a relative XPath:

eval(eval(SharePointListItem_RW, 'concat(d:Email_x0020_Address, ";")'), "..")

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 09-08-2010 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: Concat section from a secondary data connection

You are awesome.  Every place I saw had concat(my: and I was selecting the secondary data source at this point but did not realize thet concat(d: would find within the repeating table.  I can now say I have forward progress.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.