Check boxes not getting checked when values are loaded via data connections? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Check boxes not getting checked when values are loaded via data connections?

Last post 08-04-2010 06:52 PM by Potemkine. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2010 04:12 AM

Check boxes not getting checked when values are loaded via data connections?

Hi,

Has anyone tried to populate check boxes with data loaded from external data connections? I've tried to load data to drop down lists and they worked fine because by clicking on the drop down arrow, the field refreshes itself and the list is populated with the required data. However, for check boxes or option boxes, their values may be refreshed with the values from your data connection but the graphics (checks and radio buttons) are not refreshed. When you attempt to select the options, you will then see the check box or option button selected.

Does anyone know of a way to refresh the view of your form after such data connection?

Thanks for your help!

Zhen Yuan

• 08-04-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: Check boxes not getting checked when values are loaded via data connections?

Hi, Zhen Yuan

I already had this problem, i doesn't found any solution. I use a bouton, and I deduce the size to 10 px * 10px (size of a checkbox) and I put conditional formatting on it if the value is true, I put font color and shading black. Else I let it grey.

I know it's not a conventional, and if anyone has a better solution, I'm interested.

• 08-04-2010 06:07 PM In reply to

Re: Check boxes not getting checked when values are loaded via data connections?

Haha, thats a creative way to indicate the status! And you can still use a rules button to populate some other field for the intended value when your option is checked. I shall use this method unless as you say, there's a better solution.

Thanks!

• 08-04-2010 06:52 PM In reply to

Thanks, I'm glad that I could help you with that.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.