Header and footer color in Infopath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Header and footer color in Infopath

Last post 08-10-2012 10:07 AM by BejeweledOne. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2010 09:54 AM

• JEL888
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2010
    • Posts 6

Header and footer color in Infopath

On my quest as a newbie to truly find the right work around to have a logo print or appear to print  next to my header or footer, I've tried everything mentioned here and elsewhere as well as try my own work arounds, which have failed.  In this last attempt to do as mentioned here and apply a background picture, I noticed that the header (or footer) has a default white background or it overlays any background image (even once you get it aligned somewhat where you want-which I haven't perfectly done as my image is partly outside of the print boundaries- a solution on that too would help me a lot).  I figured (though I have little to no HTML-type language background) that if I could add a background color (say "none" or "transparent" ) to the header section on the manifest.xsf file, then I could see my background image (logo) in the upper right part of my form (when I print in particular).

Am I rowing down the wrong branch of the river here or is this doable?

Please help!  I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to get our logo on the "printed" version of the form and it seems like I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and simply print the form with header on a sheet of paper with the logo already on it.  Tada!  That'll be the solution if it must be. :(

• 07-31-2010 06:13 PM In reply to

Re: Header and footer color in Infopath

Hi JEL888,

You can add the background image to your XSL file. Greg's got a video that briefly mentions how to do this. Check out our Screencast site for his Chrome Sample demo: http://www.screencast.com/users/qdabra/ 

I know his video just briefly shows it, so if you still can't figure it out, send me an email.

Best,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 08-10-2012 10:07 AM In reply to

Re: Header and footer color in Infopath

I have edited a form based on the chrome examples in the recent master class, but when the form is published and opened in SharePoint, the images do not display, just the background colors. This is a web only form. What am I doing wrong?..
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.