Repeating table scrolling in InfoPath 2010 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating table scrolling in InfoPath 2010

Last post 04-19-2011 01:58 AM by lestomos. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2010 12:36 AM

Repeating table scrolling in InfoPath 2010

Hi,

I cannot figure out how to create an scrollable repeating table in a browser form with InfoPath 2010. Does anybody know how to do it? Is that possible at all? Is there any way to do that by setting certain rules?

Many thanks,

Diego

• 07-16-2010 05:39 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating table scrolling in InfoPath 2010

The scrolling region is not available in browser forms, unfortunately. Here's a table that shows what controls are available for browser and client.

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-17-2010 07:23 AM In reply to

• Skarn
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2008
    • Australia
    • Posts 198

Hmmmmmmmm maybe - you could try placing the repeating table on the form.
    Have a field (indexNum) created outside of the repeating group which stores an 'index number'. Default 1.
    Decide how many rows of the table you want to display (my example below uses 5)

Now put conditional formatting on the repeating table to hide when position() < //my:indexNum and position() > //my:indexNum + 5.

Add two buttons (Up and Down) and use them to increase or decrease the value of my:indexNum.

Visually Virtual Scrolling. or VVS as we say in the...no I'm just making this up.

• 07-19-2010 01:31 AM In reply to

Once again, many thanks, Hilary. I wasn't sure whether that was possible.

• 07-19-2010 01:36 AM In reply to

Thanks, Skarn. Your trick sounds pretty cool. I am going to try it right now.

• 04-13-2011 11:33 PM In reply to

Hi,

Were you able to get the solution. If yes, please share.

Thank you

• 04-14-2011 03:11 AM In reply to

• Skarn
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2008
    • Australia
    • Posts 198

'ere you go - cobbled this up for you - it is a proof of concept using the method I was describing in my earlier post.

Of course, I'm still stuck in the IP2003 world - you can probably do better with a later version.

• 04-19-2011 01:58 AM In reply to

Hi Venkatzeus,

sorry for the delay Venkatzeus. I used Skarn´s idea and it worked ok. Well, more or less... Locally I could scroll, but on the server... The performance was not very good with the paging we implemented. After this first tests, my project manager decided to switch to Silverlight and we have not worked with InfoPath anymore. Unfortunately, I have deleted our proof of concept, so I won´t be very helpful. However, I will try to describe you what we did to achieve scrolling on our forms.

If your data source is SQL -that is, a stored procedure- you could use "SELECT column1, column2, row_number() over (order by MyChosenColumn) as RowNumber FROM tblXXX" to get some kind of paging on your source data. After that define one field ( I would call it "LastSelectedIndex") which will keep the first index of the last loaded "page". Let´s assume that you want to show 10 rows every time.

The start value for LastSelectedIndex should be 0. Then you could define a rule for the loaded data, something like "load all data where RowNumber < 11".

Then you could place two buttons "back" and "next" with the following rules.

BACK ->  1st Rule: "LastSelectedIndex = LastSelectedIndex - 10 "

2nd Rule: Load Data "SELECT all data FROM MyDatabaseTable WHERE RowNumber BETWEEN LastSelectedIndex AND LastSelectedIndex - 10

NEXT->   1st Rule: "LastSelectedIndex = LastSelectedIndex + 10 "              

2nd Rule: Load Data "SELECT all data FROM MyDatabaseTable WHERE RowNumber BETWEEN LastSelectedIndex AND LastSelectedIndex + 10

I hope this can help you. I am sure you´ll manage to create your own paging. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.