max(@ID) based on field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

max(@ID) based on field

Last post 07-09-2010 01:53 PM by esiege. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2010 01:53 PM

• esiege
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-24-2009
    • Posts 4

max(@ID) based on field

Hello all,

I'm trying to do something that seems fairly simple, but have been hitting a dead end.

I'm using a data connection to retrieve a field that increments based on a sharepoint list called ID, and this works fine up to this point with the usual max(@ID)+1 for the value.

Now the tricky part I'm running into is I have a dropdown field to select some text called Area, when "Area A" is selected, the ID should only count "Area A" forms on the list.

So far I've set up a rule with conditions "AreaDrowndown(infopath field) = Area(from data connection)", with the action of set field value "IDBox = max(@ID)+1".

This obviously triggers the event at the right time, but then does a full count of all items with any Area.

I was thinking of adding a view as a data connection to filter the data to count, but can't find a way to get this setup.  I was also hoping for something like an if statement for the max(@ID) function, but I can't figure out the syntax for that either, it seems to revolve only around conditions.

Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.