DBXL search form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

DBXL search form

Last post 05-20-2010 07:24 AM by ITomsc. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2010 01:46 PM

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

DBXL search form

Hello, I'm trying to modify a form we have. The form searches the DBXL, and returns the search results in a list view.

Well anyway, I'm trying to change it to search a different part of the DBXL, but I don't understand how it all interacts. I've made a basic working model that is pretty rough, and the only real problem is that it defaults with a search box that says "Search for policies", which is good, but it also shows an error message below it that says:

Error: Parameter unspecified: searchPhrase
    Please report this error to your system administrator.

The error does'nt affect the search, but it does look a little un-professional, and unfinished.
    I have tried to get rid of the message in lots of ways, but none have worked so far. The 'searchPhrase' is referenced in the following files:

In a file called searchPolicies.xml
      <qt:searchParams>
       <qt:searchPhrase qt:paramName="searchPhrase" />
       <qt:searchType>All</qt:searchType>
       <qt:docType>Policy</qt:docType>
      </qt:searchParams>

In a file called Policiestest.aspx
    Sub SearchPolicies()
    queryView.Parameters("searchPhrase") = (searchText.Value)

I have never seen tags such as <qt:docType>, <qt:queryJob> and <qt:searchPhrase qt:paramName> to name a few. Does anyone know what they are and how they work?

At this point I'm not sure how to get the error to go away. If anyone has an idea, please let me know, as this search 'feature' will be very important as we will have a large amount of uncatagorized data that will otherwise be unusable.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!
  • 05-19-2010 06:22 PM In reply to

Hello,

Since this inquiry is about a tool that is not publicly available, I have responded to your inquiry by private message.  Please find your response there.

Thank you.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 05-20-2010 07:24 AM In reply to

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

Thank you Jimmy. Your response works great.

As you can see, I am 'developing' (more like modifying) a search routine that will alow us to search through our policies. Since there are a couple hundred of them, in 9 departments, it dawned on me that a simple listing would be more than a little cumbersome, if not almost imposible, to navigate with any efficiency. So I grabbed some code from one of the other pages you provided and changed it to search this as well. I think you will like it, and may even add it to your copy (in one way or another) of the tool. Although the coding is probably a bit iffy... I admit, I didn't exactly recognize all the elements, and I probably have a fair amount of extra code, but it functions as well as I would have hoped.

Thanks again for your assistence.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.