Submitting data to secondary data source - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitting data to secondary data source

Last post 05-07-2019 08:15 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2010 09:51 AM In reply to

Re: Submitting data to secondary data source

Both changing to what? If you use the Design Checker on your form, are there any errors? This could be because of the filtered XPath for the rule targets....

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-19-2010 10:40 AM In reply to

No Errors on Design checker.

Here are my two rule sets that I have the first group applies when I change the server drop down. The second applies when I change the value of the virtualized check box. (btw how do I put code into its own section on these boards? I am not seeing a code tag) The first set work both when i preview the form and when I publish the form and open in my browser (ie8). The second however, works in preview mode. But once I publish and try it in the browser when I change the checkbox value both ID and Virtualized change to true or false. This is obviously overriding the ID field. Screenshots below to illustrate.

<xsf:assignmentAction targetField="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;update&quot;)/Batch/Method/Field[@Name='Virtualized']" expression="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;Regional Servers&quot;)/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Virtualized[xdXDocument:get-DOM()/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:Title = ../d:Title]"></xsf:assignmentAction>

<xsf:assignmentAction targetField="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;update&quot;)/Batch/Method/@ID" expression="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;Regional Servers&quot;)/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:ID[xdXDocument:get-DOM()/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:Title = ../d:Title]"></xsf:assignmentAction>

<xsf:assignmentAction targetField="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;update&quot;)/Batch/Method/Field[@Name='ID']" expression="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;Regional Servers&quot;)/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:ID[xdXDocument:get-DOM()/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:Title = ../d:Title]"></xsf:assignmentAction>

<xsf:assignmentAction targetField="../my:virtualized" expression="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;Regional Servers&quot;)/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Virtualized[xdXDocument:get-DOM()/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/my:SharePointListItem_RW/my:Title = ../d:Title]"></xsf:assignmentAction>

<xsf:assignmentAction targetField="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;update&quot;)/Batch/Method/Field[@Name='Virtualized']" expression="."></xsf:assignmentAction>

Image of the form after I select a server. It successfully grabs the "Virtualized" value from the secondary datasource as you can see both the checkbox and the table at the bottom are set to true. 

When I uncheck the check box you can see that both the ID and Virtualized fields change to false. This behaivior is not mirrored when I open the form in Infopath and use the preview function.

• 05-20-2010 10:43 AM In reply to

Ok, so I got rid of the on change rule for the checkbox and made a rule for on submit that changes the field[@Name='Virtualized'] to the checkbox value. This works as intended. Strange that the same exact rule for the checkbox onchange is unable to remain consistent in the web form version

• 05-20-2010 05:40 PM In reply to

Well, that is an odd one! Good job figuring it out, tho. You must be quite pleased to be done with this one!

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-21-2010 07:28 AM In reply to

I am very glad. Thank you for sticking with me on this! I have learned more about infopath this week then all my previous encounters before! Thanks again!

• 05-06-2019 11:16 PM In reply to

Hi, I couldn't caught up how did you managed to do this. Do you have a step by step guide on how to do this?
  • 05-07-2019 08:15 AM In reply to

I replied to your new thread, but wanted to add this here as well: https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/t/26246.aspx has some step by step guidance.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.