Strange "unable to connect to datasource" issues - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Strange "unable to connect to datasource" issues

Last post 05-13-2010 09:44 AM by stuckinoregon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2010 02:18 PM

Strange "unable to connect to datasource" issues

I hope this is not one of those "Every n00b has this issue and comes in here and asks this question!" questions.

Using infopath for submitting form data to and access db. The xsn files and the database reside on the same network share and share the same rights for all users. The problem we're having is that some users can submit to the mdb just fine and others get the "unable to connect to the datasource" warning. All of the users can browse to the templates and the database. This is in a large AD governed environment but all users have been granted the same access to the share locations where the respective files reside. We have effectively ruled out AD as I am unable to submit when logged into these users' machines using my profile. Both InfoPath and Access are from Office 2007.

Any suggestions on what to look at?

• 05-12-2010 05:25 PM In reply to

Re: Strange "unable to connect to datasource" issues

We use SQL databases for these kind of scenarios and have never seen this. I don't really know but here are a couple questions:

• Is it always the same users or do they change?
    • Do the users have the same internet settings for the server that the Access MDB is on? Is it on a server in the same domain?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-13-2010 09:44 AM In reply to

Re: Strange "unable to connect to datasource" issues

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all of the users have full r/w access to the drive that the db and xsns reside on and they are all in the same domain. If we could have a server/client environment available, I wouldn't have ulcers and life would be rainbows and unicorns. This is inside of a VERY large corporation, so trying to justify the deployment of another server instance for our relatively small project.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.