Infopath 2003 and Windows 7 pro - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2003 and Windows 7 pro

Last post 06-23-2011 01:01 PM by jlkjr. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2010 12:38 PM

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

Infopath 2003 and Windows 7 pro

Hi, I'm new to the forums here.

I have a workstation that is running windows 7 pro (not beta, not RC, not home. Windows 7 professional), and it is also running InfoPath 2003 and IE8 and connected to a windows domain. We are using qdabraDBXL connecting to a SQL source running on SQL 2005 under windows 2000 advanced server. The form seems to work, but then when the form queries a certain part of the DB, it throws an error message that says:

"The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: Patients

InfoPath cannot run the specified query.

InfoPath cannot connect to the data source.

No such interface supported"  OK

The form pulls the data over just fine, and also makes updates, changes, etc. It just throws this error whenever you open certain portions of the form.

This form has worked well on every other computer I have tried including Windows 2k, XP, Vista, server 2k, server 2003. We have about 30+ other computers running Infopath, and all of them are running the form nicely, without any major problems, asside from the occasional bug or glitch.

Anyone know of a reason why it would do such a thing? I have tried all sorts of tricks to get it to work. Internet settings are set to low, the servers are all in the trusted, intranet & internet sites lists. I have even tried setting up an ODBC sql data source. I have also tried running Infopath in compatibility mode using 2k, xp sp2, xp sp3, vista, vista sp1. None chage anything.

Thanks for your time!

• 05-12-2010 06:26 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2003 and Windows 7 pro

Hi ITomsc and thanks for posting,

We should probably take a look at the code in your form that is querying patients. It may rely on MSXML and you may not have the right version of MSXML installed since you have a strange config. I will file a support request tonight and have someone contact you in the next day or so.

Thanks for your patience,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-12-2010 10:56 PM In reply to

Looks like this is using an ADO query. It's possible that ADO is not installed on Windows 7. I recommend we replace the old ADO query with a more up-to-date XML query. That will resolve the issue, but you could also look to see if ADO related components are missing.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-13-2010 07:50 AM In reply to

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

Sounds great! But I'm not familiar with ADO, how would I check to see if Windows 7 has ADO installed? And how would I go about changing to a more up to date XML query?

Thanks for you help!

• 05-14-2010 10:40 AM In reply to

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

It appears that there is a work-around for this problem, although not a great one, in my opinion, since it gives more money to Microsoft. I installed InfoPath 2007 and now the problem has disapeared!

I was hoping to not have to go this route, and perhaps in the future there will be a fix for Windows 7 running InfoPath 2003. If anyone knows of a cheaper or easier fix, please let me know.

Seems like someone has to have tried this same thing!?

Thanks for your help Patrick, and anyone else who happens along with some helpful advice.

• 05-21-2010 09:47 AM In reply to

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

Not sure how many Windows 7 users there are on these forums, but I would still like to be able to use InfoPath 2003 on Win7. We have lots of copies that will soon be worthless (and expensive to replace), unless we can get them to work on Win7.

If anyone has gotten the two to coexist peacefully, while using Qdabra's DBXL forms, please let me know how you did it!

• 09-24-2010 03:08 PM In reply to

• Majid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-24-2010
    • Posts 2

Did you figure how to get InfoPath 2003 run on Windows 7? I've tried may things with no luck! We're not going to upgrade our office anytime soon. Please help!
  • 09-24-2010 03:18 PM In reply to

• ITomsc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2010
    • Posts 9

Sorry, we have not found a way to get InfoPath 2003 working in Windows 7. Hope you can get it to work! Post back here if you do.
  • 09-28-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• Majid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-24-2010
    • Posts 2

Ok I found a solution. I need to do more testing but so far it is running with no issues :) The solution is publishing your forms using InfoPath 2007, Not sure if this applies to InfoPath 2010 but will have an answer in the next few days. If you're interested in knowing the result just let me know. So you publish your form on a network shared folder, you set the form permission to "Full Trust" and Digitally Sign the form using your certificate or the Admin Certificate. Once this is done successfully using InfoPath 2007, open InfoPath 2003 and open the Form, you should add the certificate to your root trusted certificates. Once this is done run your query and you should face no issues, my form included SQL Server access. So the only investment you would have to make is purchasing one license of InfoPath 2007 and using it to publish the forms to be used by InfoPath 2003.
  • 06-23-2011 01:01 PM In reply to

• jlkjr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-23-2011
    • Posts 1

The problem I have is that the certificate doesn't actually install, the check box to always trust this publisher is grayed out. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.