Ignore case sensitivity in fields getting data from secondary data source - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Ignore case sensitivity in fields getting data from secondary data source

Last post 04-21-2010 06:28 AM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2010 03:35 AM

Ignore case sensitivity in fields getting data from secondary data source

Hi all,

I've tried browsing the web as well as this forum (lots of useful info!) to find an answer to my (I assume) quite simple question..but no luck, so here comes my first post:

I've made an Infopath form template with three fields (textboxes) - First name, Last name, and Employee no. .

The fields are populated from a secondary data source (Access) so that when I enter the First name, the fields with Last name and Employee no. are automatically filled (I've done this by setting up the default values).

Now, in the access database (the secondary data source) First names and Last names are with capital first letter, i.e. Lone.

What I can't figure out how to do, is getting the fields auto-filled if I enter lone and not Lone in the First name field.

Hope you can help me with this..or maybe point me to other resources that will get me in the right direction.

• 04-21-2010 06:28 AM In reply to

Re: Ignore case sensitivity in fields getting data from secondary data source

There are two choices in this situation.

1. Correct the source data in one of the two sources, so that the cases match.

2. Use the translate function to switch everything to lowercase. Something like translate(field1,'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz')

Hope this helps!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.