Realtime update in InfoPath dropdown - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Realtime update in InfoPath dropdown

Last post 04-12-2010 11:32 PM by akosila1. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2010 09:28 AM

Realtime update in InfoPath dropdown

Hi guys,

I've started working w/ infoPath and I'm still new to things. Im experimenting on something. I just wanna ask you guys if infopath fields updates in real time, to explain it further, I have a dropdown1 and dropdown2, I used the rules and set conditions that when the user chooses a value for dropdown1(i.e: Hello) then the dropdown2 will automatically be changed to "World". I've been trying this thing however whenever I select the "Hello" from dropdown1, dropdown2's value doesnt automatically  changes to "World", I have to choose any other value from dropdown2 before it will change to "World".

So my question is, is there a way to update the field in realtime meaning right after I choose "Hello" in dropdown1, dropdown2's value will automatically change to "World"

Hope someone can help me with this problem. 

Thanks in advance guys.

• 04-09-2010 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: Realtime update in InfoPath dropdown

World needs to be a value configured for the dropdown.

Try having a text control bound to the field or add World as a configured option in the dropdown and it will work. Just verified it.

• 04-10-2010 01:45 AM In reply to

yup, World is in my dropdown2's value, but in order for it to show, i will first have to click/choose any value from dropdown2 before it will change to "World".

how can i do your suggestion/solution? sorry but im really new to infopath.

thanks

• 04-10-2010 08:35 PM In reply to

anyone help me pls. im trying everything i could but i really cant make it work

• 04-11-2010 10:39 PM In reply to

it seems you have put the rules wrong, put the rule on dropdown1( i.e. Hello) to change the value of dropdown2 to "World".

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 04-12-2010 06:30 PM In reply to

I'm 100% sure that my rule is correct.

here's what i did.

i set the rules on dropdown2 --> condition: dropdown1 = "Hello" ; then set this fields value = "World"

but whenever I choose Hello from dropdown1, the dropdown2 doesnt automatically show "World" but instead, I have to click any value from the dropdown2 and then after clicking any value from dropdown2, it will now show "World" in dropdown2.

• 04-12-2010 10:26 PM In reply to

That is what i said, you are putting the rules wrong, rules get executed when the values of the field on which the rules are set change. So you should be setting rules on dropdown1, not on dropdown2.

on dropdown1 -> condition if dropdown1 ="hello"

action dropdown2 = 'World"

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
    Filed under:
  • 04-12-2010 11:32 PM In reply to

wow. thanks alot, that solved my problem. sorry i thought that my rules are correct because i just experimented on it.

thanks alot qazi anis. youre the best

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.