Close browser enabled form and redirect to dynamic URL - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Close browser enabled form and redirect to dynamic URL

Last post 04-09-2010 07:52 AM by Tomas_Andrews. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2010 07:52 AM

Close browser enabled form and redirect to dynamic URL

Hi Everyone

I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on the best way to close and redirect a browser enabled form.

Here is the scenario:

I have a form (Form A) with a submit button, when the form is submitted to a SharePoint form library the view is switched to different view confirming the form was successfully submitted.
    This view (View 2) contains another button which closes the form and uses custom code to redirect the page to a new URL using:

HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect(http://test.com, false);

I have a workflow attached to the library which creates a new form (Form B) in a different form library when Form A is submitted.

The workflow also updates the status of the existing form (Form A) to confirm it was approved and Form B was created successfully.
    ***however since adding the code to Form A the workflow (created using SPD) is unable to update the item - I’ll come back to this later

The workflow is also configured to send an email to the user to direct them to Form B, however I would much prefer to have Form A - View 2 to redirect them to Form B after clicking on the close button.

I have generated the URL which is stored in a form field but am unsure how to close and redirect the form using custom code behind the button - is this possible?

I am aware I can use a hyperlink in the form, however this doesn’t close the form, it simply opens a new window.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

*** It seems as if the form is still open when the workflow tried to update the metadata on the form as it reports:Error updating a list item Access Denied - any feedback on this is also very welcome!

Thanks

Tomas

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.