Information from Data Connection not showing up - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Information from Data Connection not showing up

Last post 03-29-2010 04:06 PM by Clay Fox. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2010 02:13 PM

• nickt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-29-2010
    • Posts 3

Information from Data Connection not showing up

So, I'm a total newb at IP of course so bear with me if it's something obvious... I'm trying to display information from Sharepoint in my browser-enabled Infopath form (specifically, the Modified Date, where it's at in the workflow, to name a few), so I've created a Data Connection to my Document List, bound the desired information to the appropriate textboxes, and published the form. However, when I create a new form in Sharepoint, save it, and re-open (I'm assuming Modified Date and Workflow State would not be generated until the form had been saved at least once), the textboxes remain blank. Any ideas / need any more information? Thanks.
  • 03-29-2010 02:48 PM In reply to

Re: Information from Data Connection not showing up

First, if you want data to be persistent you need to store it in fields in your form, which get saved. So you have to transfer the data from the list schema to your form schema.

Another thing is when you reopen an existing form are you requerying the data connection?

I always recommend lots of test forms as you are learning so you can play with functionality piece by piece.

• 03-29-2010 02:57 PM In reply to

• nickt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-29-2010
    • Posts 3

I believe I am requerying, as I've created rules on the textboxes to always query the database using the created data connection. How would I go about transferring the data from the list schema to my form schema? Can you point me in the correct direction?
  • 03-29-2010 04:06 PM In reply to

Typically you would create some fields in your main schema then when the user selects or by some other logic use set field value to set main_modified date = spmodified date possibly with a filter id=id selected.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.