SubmitToSharePointList on a browser form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SubmitToSharePointList on a browser form

Last post 03-29-2010 06:19 PM by Mel Clemente. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2010 11:55 AM

SubmitToSharePointList on a browser form

Hi all, qRules newbie here, I have the purchased version of qRules and I'm trying to use it to submit data from a repeating table in a browser form to a SP list. After multiple tries, I was able to successfully submit to the list but I don't know how to get the template to the list itself so when the user clicks on "New" they get my IP template. I have tried publishing the template to an administrator approved form and then activating it to my site collection but I don't see it in the list of available contents. The only way I get to see it in the list of contents is if I create a document or a form libraries instead of a custom list, but when I do this, I don't see the library in the list of SharePoint lists in the Qdabra tool. Can anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Gus
  • 03-29-2010 03:20 PM In reply to

Re: SubmitToSharePointList on a browser form

Hi -- I'm  a little confused by what you are trying to do. You have a SharePoint list, and you've set your form to use qRules to submit data to that list? Now you want the 'new item' menu function in your list to open your InfoPath template? Wouldn't it be simpler to use a form library, publish your template to it, submit your filled out forms to it, and promote the fields you wish to see?

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-29-2010 04:34 PM In reply to

Absolutely, however, I'm using qRules because I'm using data from a repeating table and I need to submit one list item for each row in the repeating table. I appreciate your help. If I'm not being clear enough, please let me know and I will start from the beginning. Thanks again, Gus
  • 03-29-2010 05:12 PM In reply to

The idea for SubmitToSharePoint List was that it would be used to submit to a list, not a form library. I don't know of a way that you can modify a list's new command to open a form template instead of creating a new list item, but I imagine it could be done.....Are you experienced with SharePoint designer at all?

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-29-2010 05:37 PM In reply to

I'm a little bit experience in SP Designer but my question is: Can the qRules SubmitToSharePointList command be used in a browser form? If it can, where does the template live? Let me start from the beginning: I have created an IP browser form to enter billing data in a repeating table. The end user does not have InfoPath. The data in the repeating table need to create individual rows in the SP list. I can accomplish all those requirements with qRules ut I don't know where to put the form template. I hope I'm clear enough, if not, please let me know. Thanks again for your help.
  • 03-29-2010 06:19 PM In reply to

Hi Gus,

Thank you for purchasing qRules and we're sorry about the issues you're having. Yes, this command works in browser-enabled forms. You were actually on the right track publishing your template as admin-approved and activating it in your site collection.

Indeed, content types will only show in document/form libraries, so when you click New, you are opening the template that you have published in your Central Administration site - that is where the template lives. Same goes with the IP to ShP List tool which by design, only shows lists and not libraries. The tool will allow you to select your target SharePoint list, that is to let the command know which field in your InfoPath form corresponds to which column in your SharePoint list.

Here's a quick outline of the steps needed to accomplish submitting items to your list using the command:

1. In the IP to ShP List tool, select your list then create your mapping. You can refer to this document or this blog post for more information.
    2. When you've obtained your mapping.xml file, add it to your InfoPath form template.
    3. Publish your form template as an admin-approved XSN and activate it to your site collection.
    4. Create/update your document/form library to allow management of content types that open in the browser.
    5. Add your admin-approved XSN as a content type in that library.
    6. In your library, click New, select your XSN. Verify that it indeed opens the template you've published.
    7. Fill out one (or maybe a few) row with data and attempt to submit.
    8. Open your SharePoint list and verify that the data submitted successfully.

Please let us know if you continue to encounter issues. You may temporarily display the QdabraRules Error node on your form canvas to see any errors that might've occurred.

Hope that helps!

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.