InfoPath Custom Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath Custom Form

Last post 02-25-2010 10:46 AM by dskurtz. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2010 04:47 AM In reply to

I was following a tutorial located here and when they are creating the Submit button there are some values and switches added to the rule. (see pg 11 of 13 in the link) I had everything the way it should have been with the exception of the first word "SubmitToSharePointList". I originally thought this was some arbitrary name so I went ahead and used something different like "SubmitThisForm"; however when I change it to "SubmitToSharePointList" the form than began working the way it was supposed it. Was this simply coincidental?

One other question I have is whether using qRules will cause problems for users wanting to fill out the form using their browser instead of InfoPath. Since we're doing form distribution via SharePoint I would like to make as many of these forms web enabled as possible.

Thanks,
    Dave

• 02-25-2010 08:47 AM In reply to

Hi, Dave:

SubmitToSharePointList is the qRules command that actually performs the submit. You have to have your commands right for them to work. So no, it wasn't coincidental.

qRules forms have code in them, so for them to be browser enabled, you need to admin approve them. If you check the documentation that installed with the qRules Injector (qRules User Guide), page 6 has additional information.

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-25-2010 08:55 AM In reply to

Thanks Hiliary. I was wondering if that string was a method that was being called, but I didn't see anything that specifically said it was or not.

As far as the form goes, I will look in to the qRules Injector guide and see what I can come up with. I might be back in touch, but if not I want to thank both you and Ted for your help over the past couple days in getting me up and running on InfoPath, SharePoint and qRules. I will definitely be purchasing some of the Qdabra products for my company and our upcoming InfoPath/SharePoint projects. :)

• 02-25-2010 10:46 AM In reply to

Is it possible to deply an administrator approved template to a workspace or subsite within my collection? For organization purposes I would like to put my form in the "Purchasing" site that I created, but if I go to Home -> Site Structure and Content and attempt to move the form from Home to my subsite, SharePoint dies on me. I have tried to also copy the form, but once I do this the form won't open in a browser.

Thanks,
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.