SUBMITTODBXL Error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SUBMITTODBXL Error

Last post 02-19-2010 06:33 AM by SamCamblin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2010 11:43 AM

SUBMITTODBXL Error

Hi,

I want to use your SubmitToDBXL qRule in my form.  I've added the rule to a button.  When I submit the form, I get the following error message.  Please advise. 

Action: SubmitToDbxl
     Arguments: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]
     Details: An item with the following index does not exist in the collection: SubmitDocument
    Stack:   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.DataObjects.get_Item(Object varIndex)
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.DataObjectsCollectionWrapper.get_Item(Object varIndex)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Internal.DataSourcesHost.get_Item(String name)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.VerifyDbxlSubmitAdapterExists(String dbxlSubmitAdapterName)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToDbxl()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand(Application application, XmlFormHostItem formHost, XPathNavigator commandsNavigator)

• 02-18-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

Hi Sam,

The error seems to indicate that there is no data connection called SubmitDocument. Can you check that it exists in Tools > Data Connections?

Also, what command are you using? (i.e. the command in the rule)

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 02-18-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for your fast response!  For the command I'm using: concat("SubmitToDbxl /submit=SubmitDocument /name=", DocID, " /author=", userName(), " /desc=", AuditID).  I verify the formula and its saying its correct (see screenshot).

I have a data connection to submit using DBXL.  I even renamed it to SubmitDocument just to be sure, but its still not working.  I'm assuming I have to leave the parameter elements empty in the wizard (except the XML parameter) since I'm using the qRule to define them?  Is this correct?

• 02-18-2010 01:40 PM In reply to

The data connection needs to be receive-type and not submit-type.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 02-19-2010 06:33 AM In reply to

Thanks Ernesto!  It worked!  For anyone who doesn't know, the "Codeless Submit to DBXL" document walks you through the steps: http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/miscellaneous/entry35628.aspx .  Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.