How to cover two different sections with one digital signature? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to cover two different sections with one digital signature?

Last post 02-27-2010 04:38 PM by Lindie. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2010 01:17 AM

How to cover two different sections with one digital signature?

I m trying to work it out for a while, still couldnt find a solution.

I v two sections, physically apart, no way I can group them into one section. All I want to achieve is, once I sign section A digitally, section A and section B turns into read only at the same time. but I only want to set up one "digital signature place to sign" on Section A.

Do I need any coding for this? Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

• 02-12-2010 12:55 AM In reply to

Re: How to cover two different sections with one digital signature?

How about changing the schema to add one parent section that contains the two sections and putting a signature on that parent?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-12-2010 03:10 AM In reply to

Hi, Patick

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The trouble is how to make a parent section contains two sections which have different shape, I managed to put them side by side now. if two sections are side by side with the same shape, it is easy to achieve, just group them into one section box. But these two sections has different shape because the tables under them have different shapes, one is longer than the other, so I wish I could group these two in one section group with a big T shape. but I cant. they only go square, and rectangle.

It seems achievable, if Group1 signed, Group1 and Group2 become read-only. Do I need the coding?

Cheers

Linda

• 02-27-2010 05:34 AM In reply to

• savirs
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-27-2010
    • Moscow, Russia
    • Posts 1

1. In the Section Properties of the first section, select Digital Signatures tab.
    2. Select Allow users to digitally sign this section check box.
    3. In the Sign the following data in the form when this section is signed list, select Add data that can be signed.
    4. In the Set of Signable Data dialog box edit XPath expression in Fields and groups to be signed.

If the first section's XPath is: /my:myFields/my:group1, and the second section's XPath is /my:myFields/my:group2, new expression would be  /my:myFields/my:group1|/my:myFields/my:group2.

• 02-27-2010 04:38 PM In reply to

Thanks a lot,

It s done, I v thought about it, but I just couldnt figure out how to add both together, it wont let me highlight both and add, and it doesnt work out with "&" or ";".

Thanks for pointing out just do it with a "|" if you want to add another one.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.