InfoPath form access control - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath form access control

Last post 02-16-2010 05:14 AM by princevis. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2010 01:01 PM

InfoPath form access control

I am working on my first infopath form. I have questions on how to control access to the form and the data.

(1) I need to allow everyone to fill the form. However, they should only see the the forms they filled, not other users'.

(2) After they submit a form, they should not be able to change any data.

(3) The administrator will be see and edit all data at any time.

How can I accomplish the above need (I come from Lotus Notes background which use reader and author field to control the access of a form).

I also would like to know how to create a submit button (with code or function) because I do see see one on the menu bar.

Thank you in advace. 

Filed under:
  • 02-02-2010 02:34 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath form access control

Hi,

Couple of questions: are you using SharePoint and what version if your are?  Are you using client based InfoPath forms or browser based InfoPath Form Services forms?

If you are using the fat client forms you could use user roles in InfoPath to do what you need. 

For example you would have 2 users roles:

User
    Admin

A "User" could create a new form and submit it, but when they opened the form again you would use an On Load rule to switch them to a read only view of the form if it's not a new form

The Admin user opens the form and On Load rule and does not switch to the read only view

If you are using SharePoint you can handle the view issue (users only seeing their forms) by changing the view to use the SharePoint [Me] filter so that only forms created by [Me] show up in the view.  This is not a totally secure method since SharePoint doesn't support granular document level permissions.  If you need document level (fine grain) permissions for your InfoPath forms you should take a look at our DBXL product for integration with SQL & SharePoint which does allow for document level permissions. http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/DBXL.aspx

Hope that helps!

Ted

• 02-16-2010 05:14 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath form access control

Hi 10013,

Well,i m also going to explain you in steps how to achieve this

• Instead of using default infopath submit, attach a button control and set rule on it to submit it to a form library by creating a dataconnection to submit the form.
    • Keep one hidden field in the form,take a checkbox for example,and set rule on the submit button to change the value of checkbox from false to true once the button is clicked.
    • now on every field through conditional formattng set the condition to allow user to edit the form if the currentuser is admin,else make the field disable.

Rules in infopath form worked according to priority so 1st ruls would be to change the checkbox value from false to true and 2nd rule would be to submit the form data to a form library..

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.