QDABRA DBXL Clarifications - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

QDABRA DBXL Clarifications

Last post 01-11-2010 06:03 AM by ErnestoM. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2010 03:55 AM

QDABRA DBXL Clarifications

hi,

Presently we are using infopath and share point sever to save the data.Now we want to use DBXL to store the data in SQL server.

i Have some doubts regarding the dbxl

1)We can store the data in SQl server using DBXL then wat is the need of Share point.

2)If we eliminate share point then how all the people can access the dbxl to submit forms,shall we need dbxl to install on all machines.

3)is there any way we can eliminate sharepoint and use the dbxl to allow all the people to submit forms

please clarify me in this regard,Thank you very much for quick response.

• 01-05-2010 06:16 AM In reply to

Re: QDABRA DBXL Clarifications

1. DBXL needs to own the xml data. This means that your form cannot submit directly to Sharepoint. It must submit to the DBXL Web service, and DBXL then handles both the SQL and Sharepoint mapping. You don't need to be "eliminating" Sharepoint from the equation. The XML documents stored in DBXL will still display in Sharepoint, but DBXL "owns" them.

2. DBXL is a product you install on the server and it is not necessary on client machines. All the client machines need is InfoPath.

3. Yes, you can eliminate Sharepoint. Simply have your form submit to DBXL, and don't set up a Sharepoint mapping. 

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-07-2010 02:32 AM In reply to

hi ErnestoM,

Thank you very much for your response,could oyu please clarify me futher.

i installed DBXL on some server(Windows 2003). suppose Iam in ilocal intranet then to access DAT from clients wat are the steps i need to follow.

• 01-07-2010 04:55 AM In reply to

Hi Vikas,

You can direct your users to access http://<servername>/qdabrawebservice. From there, they'll find a link to open DAT. They'll need to add the site to Local Intranet.

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-07-2010 07:47 AM In reply to

Hi ErnestoM,

thanks for quick reply. This is the fastest support i've ever seen .

i hav done wat ever you told and Im able to acess default.htm but when i click on DAT it will be dispalying an error message "the form can not opened because it requires domain security level and is only allowed restricted security level based on the information on this form it must be located at /QdabraWebService/forms/DAT/template.xsn">http://<servername:port>/QdabraWebService/forms/DAT/template.xsn> inorder to open the correct security level".

Please can you help me regarding this issue.

Many thanks for this forum for giving excellent support.

• 01-07-2010 08:58 AM In reply to

Hi Vikas,

Was the website added to the list of Local Intranet sites in IE for the client machine? 

Ernesto Machado

• 01-07-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

hi ErnestoM,

Yes the site was added to the list of local intranet site in IE but while opening DAT it is giving the error

• 01-07-2010 11:53 AM In reply to

Hi vikas, can you please recreate the error and take a screenshot?

What version of InfoPath does the machine have?

To attach the screenshot, click Reply and switch to the Options tab. There you'll be able to attach the image. Thanks

Ernesto Machado

• 01-08-2010 02:41 AM In reply to

hi ErnestoM,

we are using Infopath 2003,please find the screen shot in the attachement.

Thank you.

• 01-08-2010 07:04 AM In reply to

Hi Vikas,

Are the two machines (the server machine where DBXL is installed and the client machine) in the same domain?

In a cross-domain scenario, DAT will not open.

Ernesto Machado

• 01-11-2010 02:46 AM In reply to

hi ErnestoM,

Thank you,the server and client are in different domain.I will make them to be part of same domain and then i will check.

I have one doubt if Im not using the share point then while installing the DBXL it will ask the site for installation,could you please tell me what is the purpose of that site name (is that share point site with out which DBXL wont work) please clarify.

Thank you for your help and support.

• 01-11-2010 06:03 AM In reply to

Even if you do not plan on using DBXL with Sharepoint immediately, you should still install DBXL on the Sharepoint site. That way if you decide, in the future, to use the Sharepoint functionality, you won't have to uninstall, reinstall and fix up all your forms.

You can still install on a different site if you wish, but it will require SSO and will go into a much deeper level of support.

Ernesto Machado

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.