Problem With Opening DAT - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problem With Opening DAT

Last post 12-30-2009 11:58 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2009 04:21 AM

Problem With Opening DAT

Iam unable to open DBXL Admin tool.when i click the link the infopath gives an error message "http://ira91202:22154/QdabraWebService/Forms/DAT/templte.xsn
    The file is not a valid XML document.
    Incorrect document syntax.
      Line 1, Position 1"

I installed IDBXL which is not a part of a domain,can any one help me on this issue.

Thanks you very much for support in advance.

• 12-25-2009 04:27 AM In reply to

Re: Problem With Opening DAT

Hi --

You could try republishing DAT. Navigate to the control panel and scroll down to the Web Service Description section. Select Admin Service. One available service is called PublishDATFormTemplate. The template is usually located at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QdabraWebService\install\DAT-template.xsn (your location may vary depending upon your specific installation). Enter the file path for the templateFilePath parameter and click Invoke to republish.

Hilary Stoupa

• 12-27-2009 08:58 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary Stoupa,

Thank you very much for your quick response.I actually published the way you told even then also same problem saying that invalid xml.I opened DAT-template.xsn with infopath but it is giving a message that upadte ervice pack1 .we are usig infopath 2003,is it Infopath 2003 is not sufficient for QBXL(shall we need to update service pack 1).Could you pleaseclarify me in this regard ,I'm strucked in flow.

Thank you for your help and support.

• 12-27-2009 04:50 PM In reply to

DAT should be able to run in InfoPath 2003, but perhaps not without the available service packs.  Might you be able to upgrade to the latest service packs on one of your workstations?  It's a good practice anyway, and doesn't cost anything.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 12-28-2009 02:59 AM In reply to

You mentioned in the first message that the machine is not a part of a domain? Is this true?

For all of DBXL's features to work, the machine needs to be a part of a domain.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 12-30-2009 04:18 AM In reply to

hi Guys,

Thank you very much for quick response.the problem is with service pack,I updated and now it is working fine.

Iam a new guy to Infopath and DBXL.I have a problem while  Installing  Qdabra Query Builder it dispalys a message "the following form template Qdabra Query Builder.xsn can not be registered the template was registerd with the newer version of infopath. the form template was created with Infopath version 12.0.0".please can any one help on this issue.

Thank you for your help and support

• 12-30-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

Just to keep thing organized, I'll add a reply to this thread -- Jimmy replied to your other post here.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.