Supressing Warning Messages - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Supressing Warning Messages

Last post 12-21-2009 07:56 AM by schau. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2009 02:17 PM

• schau
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2009
    • Posts 2

Supressing Warning Messages

I'm getting a 'The query returned large amounts of data and rendering your form may take some time. do you want to continue? yes/no' is there some sort of way I can suppress or turn off this message?

Thanks,

Simon

• 12-18-2009 10:16 PM In reply to

Re: Supressing Warning Messages

Hi Simon,

Good question. No way that I know of to remove this. 

Of course, my recommendation is just to filter the data so that you aren't getting a boatload of it... filtering on the server is a best practice. SharePoint's owssvr supports out-of-box static filtering for SharePoint data. If you need to parametrize the query (for example, to tie it to a field in your form), check out Qdabra's qRules 2.0 which let's you dynamically query SharePoint (and do lots of other things that would otherwise require code).

Now, if you are trying to pull data into SQL, you'll want to use a Web Service to filter it. Qdabra has a super cheap Web Service called qWSSP that supports filtered querying of your server's data and comes with a cool Query Builder tool that makes integration with your existing InfoPath form a cinch. Free trial is also available. I'd recommend looking at that if you are in SQL. Of course, you can write code in your form but that's not a good idea because you then will have to maintain it and if you have more than one form (if you don't you will some day soon) you will have the same code in every form. Plus, you'll still need some server logic (SQL Stored Procedures) to accept and process the parameters you pass for filtering. Anyway, Web Services are it! InfoPath was developed to be a client for Web Services. So, that's the story. Hope it wasn't a sorry story.

Happy Holidays,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 12-21-2009 07:56 AM In reply to

• schau
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2009
    • Posts 2

Re: Supressing Warning Messages

Hi Patrick,

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Happy Holidays!

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.