Opening InfoPath form in Datasheet view - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Opening InfoPath form in Datasheet view

Last post 04-19-2011 10:36 AM by alaichoy. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2009 01:08 PM

• popoff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 3

Opening InfoPath form in Datasheet view

We have a user who was able to open InfoPath forms in a web browser through the Datasheet view. She just received a new computer and can no longer do so. It wants to open in the client which is not installed. After looking at other pc's in our organization, we found no one else can either. Does anyone know what setting may have allowed her to open InfoPath forms in a web browser through the Datasheet view? Our PC specs are as follows:

Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7 and Office 2007.

• 12-16-2009 07:24 PM In reply to

Re: Opening InfoPath form in Datasheet view

is there a reason why she or anyone wants to open browser forms from Datasheet view?  what scenario leads to that requirement?  It is not a good practice to do that, and I'm not so sure she ever was actually able to do that.  It definitely opens the XML file if you click on the XML form title (that's expected behavior), and as you know, it behaves that way for _every_ user. 

I tested it to make sure, and it does not ever open in the browser when I try from Datasheet view, and that's true for both the filename and InfoPath type icon.  Are you absolutely certain she was able to do that previously?

SharePoint automatically opens forms in the browser if the user doesn't have InfoPath, but that's an integration function of Forms Services, and that function is not available in Datasheet view, it appears.

• 12-17-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

• popoff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 3

She has to review the form then edit a field in the list. She does this for dozens of line items at a time so it is much more productive to do so from the datasheet view. I'm able to verify that she WAS able to do so as I still have her old pc and I can get the forms to open in the browser on that pc.

• 12-30-2009 01:29 AM In reply to

And that old PC has InfoPath 2007 installed?  I cannot replicate what you're saying - it does not happen in my environment. You said no other PC in the org behaves that way, so it would seem it's something strange that is specific to the old PC.  It could be the version of InfoPath installed (or not installed) or a browser/security setting.  I'm not sure.

• 12-31-2009 06:46 AM In reply to

• popoff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 3

We can't replicate it either - so frustrating. No one has the client installed except for a few select users who design the forms. Thanks for trying to help.

• 04-18-2011 01:45 PM In reply to

Hi, i'm having a similar issue. I have the Type column on both the standard view and a datasheet view. If I click on the icon from the Standard View the form will launch in the browser but from the Datasheet view it brings up the File Download dialog box and asks me to Open or Save. Open has the file open in Infopath instead of the browser. I remember at one point I was able to click on the Type icon for a form and it would launch in browser but I don't know what causes it to not work properly now. Using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP. Thanks!
  • 04-18-2011 08:21 PM In reply to

Which version of SharePoint are you using?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 04-19-2011 08:45 AM In reply to

Infopath 2007
  • 04-19-2011 09:59 AM In reply to

so that's MOSS 2007 or WSS 3.0 or what?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 04-19-2011 10:36 AM In reply to

Whoops, misread your question...Sharepoint 2007
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.