InfoPath text field acts inconsistently!!!!!!!! - InfoPath Dev

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath text field acts inconsistently!!!!!!!!

Last post 12-08-2009 06:47 AM by Svetoslav. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2009 06:47 AM

    InfoPath text field acts inconsistently!!!!!!!!

    Hi all InfoPath users,

     I have been developing for the last couple of months a complex SharePoint site, which number of InfoPath libraries. Currently I am experiencing something very strange. I have a form document which is opened from the main form with the help of NewFromSolution. I copy some field from the source document and paste them inside the supporting document. After a while it was decided that on the supporting document we should have the field TITLE which should copy the title of the source document and paste it in the supportive. For the next couple of weeks it worked ok. But the last week the whole supportive document started to act very strange! First of all, behind a button (OnClick event) a old version of the code was executed! What is weird is that this code is deleted! I checked if the forms are not linked to another template but everything was ok! What I had to do is to add a new button and to assign the current code to it and the problem was fixed. The second thing which can be described as unusual behaviour is related to the field Title. Since this field was introduced later, there are some supportive documents which were already crated when I introduced this field so for them this field was additional and is empty. What I am now experiencing is that when this field is empty ( it means that it applies for the older supportive documents) a XPath expression is returning me errors - Object expected, instead of emtpy string. If it is full it works ok, and also if it is full and I delete the info it also detects empty string. I was forced to isolate this behaviour with try catch expression but still the problem remains for me why this field acts as undefined! Another strange activity is perfomring this field when it applies to conditional formatting. It is set to read only and changing it does not effect the documents.

    I hope someone who is more experienced can provide me with some additional information or explanation about the problem. I have managed these problems but knowing that there is something wrong, and having no idea where it comes from, is really bothering me.

    Thank you in advance!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.