Programming Infopath as a business journal document - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Programming Infopath as a business journal document

Last post 12-07-2009 07:47 AM by Eddie Ayers. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2009 10:19 AM

Programming Infopath as a business journal document

I am trying to find a way to setup InfoPath form to be a daily communications journal.

Purpose:

I have a group of supervisors and managers that need to communicate information for the proper operation of a manufacturing plant. I thought to have it setup with Headers/Topics which are KPI's (Key Performance Indicators): Safety, Quality, Personnel, Stock, and distribution and then a section for each cost center (production line).

I wanted to have it so any one of us on line could enter comments and it would show who entered the comment with a date/time stamp. Where another could answer back with then a date/time stamp.

If possible to even set up shifts (3).

The reason I am looking to InfoPath is because it can later be sent to excel and we could have a data base where we could lookup and see how many times we deal with an issue or what what done the last time something happened to correct it.

Has anyone else thought of something like this or is there any examples of something like this.

Any help would be fantastic!

ed.ayers315@hotmail.com

• 12-06-2009 08:22 PM In reply to

Re: Programming Infopath as a business journal document

Hi Ed,

Yes, InfoPath would be a good solution here. We have many forms that have overlapping functionality with some of the features you requested. Definitely setting up comment tracking is easy - we even have free XML Template Parts for people with InfoPath 2007.

The key thing you should do in your requirement gathering is to try to delineate the many processes involved in your business and create separate InfoPath form templates for those processes. Data from the forms can move from one form template to another but putting everything in one form is not best practice. Rather, try to identify what data moves between forms. So long as your data schema is well thought-out, you should have no problem extending the solution to better respond to future design change requests.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 12-07-2009 07:47 AM In reply to

Re: Programming Infopath as a business journal document

Thanks for your reply , Patrick

Is there a way to upload what I have so far? I tried on the original post to copy and past but it would not let me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.