Publish Or Install my form? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Publish Or Install my form?

Last post 03-16-2005 10:32 PM by liorlankri. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2005 10:26 AM

Publish Or Install my form?

I have an InfoPath form that contain FormCode In .Net (CodeForm- in C#).
    The Form project contain Web Reference to a WebService(.asmx) that get the form's values and enter them into database.

The form work well when I publish it to a web server and than run it on my computer. But not run on the user machin.

Do I need to Install the form in the user computer (with full trust security), or only to publish it to web server (or SharePoint site) with default Security (domain) ??
  • 03-12-2005 01:48 PM In reply to

Re: Publish Or Install my form?

Hi Liorlankri,
    If you are using Web Reference through c# code you will have to give full trust and sign the form.

But another way of calling a webservice method is through infopath dataconnection for which you dont have to sign the form.

Steps to create a Webservice Dataconnection in Infopath:

1. Tools->DataConnections->Add
    2. Select "Submit" radio if you want to submit data to Webservice or "Receive" radio if you want to receive data from webservice and Click Next.
    3. Select Werbservice Radio and Click Next.
    4. Type Your webservice URL and click Next.
    5. Select the Method you want and click Next.
    6. Give the paramaters if any needed by that method and Click next.
    7 Give a name(SetData) to your dataconnection. and Finish creating a Webservice dataconnection.

When you want to submit data set rules on your submit button to submit data via DataConnection.
    OtherWise you can write a similar code like below in c# and submit the data.

WebServiceAdapter2 oSetData = (WebServiceAdapter2)thisXDocument.DataAdapters["SetData"];
    oSetData.Submit();

Agni
  • 03-12-2005 10:02 PM In reply to

Hi Agni!

I must use the Web Reference. As you say I will use full trust. But I still dont no if I need to sign it and publish. or should i install it on the user machin??
    By the way. What is sign the form?
  • 03-13-2005 12:14 AM In reply to

Hi Liorlankri,
    There are two ways for a fully trusted form and it depends on what you want the form to be used for to make the decision. Below are the two ways

1. Fully trust and sign the form: this is in the Tools -> form options menu -> security tab. Fist remove the Automatic checkbox and select the full trust radio button. Then at the bottom check the sign this form checkbox. A signature is created which the form users should install when they open the form on their machine

2. Create an msi for your form so that the form users can install it on their machine. This can be done using the tool regform.exe You will need to install Infopath SDK to get this tool.

Hope this helps!

Shanthi
    InfoPathDev India
    Shanthi Reddy
  • 03-13-2005 05:33 AM In reply to

Hi Shanthi!
    O.K. This is a good started. Now I nees to know:
    If I use the seconed way, Do I need to change the Security levet to be full trust (Tools -> form options menu -> security tab) ??
    What is the regform.exe ? how to open it and, is there any option to create the msi file by the .NET (my form's code in in Visual studio .NET project) ??

Thank you
  • 03-14-2005 01:05 AM In reply to

Hi Liorlankri,
    If you run regform, you can specify Full Trust as a command line parameter. Regform is included in the SDK.
    Good luck!

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 03-14-2005 07:06 AM In reply to

I found the RegForm command line but I dont know what should be my parametrs and how to create msi file for install the form?
    How to all this?
  • 03-14-2005 08:25 AM In reply to

Hello liorlankri,
    Regform is a command line tool. To get more detail on how to give parameters please run regform.exe /? in the cmd window

How to create a fully trusted solution msi
    1. Publish the solution as an xsn to your local machine with the name you want to give msi
    2. run the following command in you cmd window in the InfoPath SDK folder

regform -U urn:<URN that you want to give> /FT "<solution name with .xsn>" /T Yes /MSI "<Full solution path with the xsn file name>"

The /T yes is what creates the fully trusted solution msi. you do not need to sign the form when you crete an msi.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Shanthi
    InfoPathDev India
    Shanthi Reddy
  • 03-14-2005 11:38 PM In reply to

I created the .msi file.
    If I want to install the form in the user machin. Do I need to copy only the .msi file?

The form's code has a Web reference to a web service. Should I install the Web service in the user machin too?
  • 03-15-2005 03:18 AM In reply to

Hi Liorlanki,
    I think running the MSI is sufficient. Please try this first.

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 03-15-2005 03:42 AM In reply to

O.K that's good!

My infoPsth project is a VS.NET Project (C#) and also my WebService is also .NET application. What should be on the user machin? shoult it be installed the .NET Framework??
  • 03-15-2005 07:19 AM In reply to

The user machine will have to have the .Net Framework and InfoPath SP1. Nothing else should be neccesary.

Shanthi
    InfoPathDev India
    Shanthi Reddy
  • 03-15-2005 10:07 PM In reply to

I want to know. Why should I Install the form (with full trust) and not only publish it to a SharePoint site (with Automatic security level) and that the user will open the form from the tepmlate that located in the site?
    What's the differnt?
    Do I need full trust because I use Web Service??
  • 03-16-2005 12:27 AM In reply to

If you use the Web Service via data connections you do not need to give the form full trust, but it looks like if you give a web reference then you need full trust.

Shanthi
    InfoPathDev India
    Shanthi Reddy
  • 03-16-2005 10:32 PM In reply to

O.k I got the different. I'm using a web reference so I need full trust.
    I have one more question. In my form I have some dropdown list that get the values from SQL server database (Data connections of the form). When I install the form (by the MSI file) on outside machin i got problem of access to this database befor the form opened (it's ask for username and password of the database)
    How can I solve it?
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.