DBXL Evaluation - Problems with existing form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

DBXL Evaluation - Problems with existing form

Last post 11-19-2009 11:48 AM by ErnestoM. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2009 09:11 AM

• LuisaB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 3

DBXL Evaluation - Problems with existing form

Hi,

I installed the trial version of the DBXL product. I need to test this tool against a very slow Infopath 2007 (xsn). After the DBXL installation this is what I did:

1. Created a new configuration (From the Database Accelerator Control Panel). In this new configuration, I Included the infopath 2007 xsn file,

2. Saved the configuration. click on the Catalog. 

I see my new configuration. When I tried to open it I get this error:

InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form.
    InfoPath cannot load this form. The signature on this form is not from a trusted publisher.
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.XDocumentsCollectionWrapper.NewFromSolution(Object varURI)
       at AdminTool.Configuration.btnNewDocument_OnClick(DocActionEvent e)
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust._ButtonEventSink_SinkHelper.OnClick(DocActionEvent pEvent)

The form is trusted. I created a certificate. Published to sharepoint. I also installed the certificate when I opened the form from sharepoint.

I installed DBXL in the Sharepoint server. It is running Windows 2003 SP2, Sharepoint 2007 SP2. Infopath 2007 SP2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Luisa

• 11-17-2009 09:30 AM In reply to

Re: DBXL Evaluation - Problems with existing form

Hi Luisa,

Please reference the information in this document.

If you are interested in creating a Sharepoint Mapping, please see the documents in this folder. (from the message above it is not clear whether your DBXL doctype is linked to SharePoint)

Let us know how it goes.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 11-19-2009 05:44 AM In reply to

Ernesto, Finally my form is working. I was able to create the DAP configuration. I did click on the Open hyperlink and kept getting the same error. Then I read the last paragraph of your document, where it asks you to click in the icon. Then my form opened fine. Now, continuing with my evaluation, I understand I need to create a mapping. I created a brand new database mirror of the current production one. The new Qdabra form will point to this DB I have an xsn file with 6 views and 80 data connections. It is not clear to me what to do with the data connections, and the rules that are behind each control. I printed the "Getting Started" document you suggested and it talks about the mapping, but not about the rules. I understand about the mapping but it is not clear to me what to do with the rules and data connections. Do you have another of those great documents? Thanks a lot, your help has been invaluable. Luisa

Hi Luisa,

Good to hear of your progress.Once the form opens (when clicking the green arrow icon), do all your rules and views work? There are no steps for rules and data connections; you design your form as you please and then create your document type in DBXL. You'll need to make sure to add a data connection that submits to DBXL - you'll find details in the Getting Started document. You want DBXL to be the "owner" of the XML file so that it can keep it in sync with the mappings (SQL and SharePoint) you'll create. Once that submit data connection is in place, update your form in DAT and test that you can submit documents - check the Documents tab in DAT to verify their creation. Once you've done this, you're ready to set up a database mapping or Sharepoint mapping.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 11-19-2009 09:06 AM In reply to

• LuisaB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 3

Ol, I will try that one.

I thought that XDBL will have to control the data connections. Currently this 80 Data connections that the form has are using http Endpoints in SQL Server.

The database also has like 25 tables. I supposed I have to map all those. Is there any way that I import the tables/columns to XDBL?. I started the mapping yesterday and I have to do this one by one.

Thanks again,

Luisa

• 11-19-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Hi Luisa,

It sounds like you're trying to work with existing tables in SQL. Is this true? If so, please read this:

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/patrick/archive/2008/07/09/using-dbxl-with-existing-databases.aspx

And also this:

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2009/10/13/use-dbxl-submit-with-existing-sql-data.aspx

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.