Adding a Row Above in a repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Adding a Row Above in a repeating table

Last post 01-28-2010 02:15 PM by Michael71. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2009 02:39 PM

Adding a Row Above in a repeating table

I'm using InfoPath 2007 and developing a web-enabled form.   I have a repeating table where I want the rows to be added at the top of the table not at the bottom of the table.  I have tried using the Custom Commands in the Repeating Table Properties, by changing the Action to Insert Above, but when I preview the form it continues to add a row below.  When I go back to the Custom Commands, the Action has reverted back to Insert.  Is there something I'm missing?

• 11-05-2009 10:32 PM In reply to

Re: Adding a Row Above in a repeating table

Your step changing the Action to Insert Above is correct. But you need to uncheck all the checkboxes under Insert command. Then it will start added new row at the top.

• 11-19-2009 07:48 PM In reply to

I only seem to be able to get this to work if I de-select "Show insert button and hint text" but then the problem is that users don't know that they have to click the little arrow on the left hand side of the section to add their next line....

If I leave the "Show insert button and hint text" people will click it, but when that exposed it adds the line under and not above..   In the customized commands area I have deselect everything under insert and insert below...

• 11-19-2009 08:00 PM In reply to

It isn't very appealing, but this is one approach to this that I came up with:

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/12086/43010.aspx#43010

The problem is that it gets undone any time you make a change to the view's layout so you need to keep re-doing the change any time you modify the view.  Please give it a try and see if it would be a viable solution for you.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 11-20-2009 02:32 AM In reply to

Another solution may be to use qRules v1.8 and a button without a border that inserts the row. That way the button can be Insert Above and the qRules command just does that. Here's the command: 

Insert /parent=/my:myFields/my:Insert /child=my:InsertGroup /posn=1

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 01-28-2010 02:15 PM In reply to

• Michael71
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2006
    • Mclean, Virginia-USA
    • Posts 279

Can you elaborate on this a little? I mean do you set a field to = something?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.