My form was working just fine, now is no longer working except for me - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

My form was working just fine, now is no longer working except for me

Last post 10-29-2009 08:00 AM by AmyCG. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2009 04:52 PM

• AmyCG
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 10-26-2009
    • Posts 5

My form was working just fine, now is no longer working except for me

Hi,

I created a form about 2 months ago.  People have been submitting it, I get an alert, I pass the form link along, it gets approved or not, submitted, then I open it up and finalize.  (Workflow is next).

Suddenly, two people who had been able to submit forms -- they submit the form, get the submission complete message -- but it doesn't get to the library.

If I test it -- fill out the form -- it gets to the library.

I haven't changed the form, or the permissions on the library.  I am clueless.

Can you help?  Any ideas?  Where might these other forms be going so people don't have to start all over again?

Any help appreciated.

AmyCG
  • 10-26-2009 10:32 PM In reply to

Re: My form was working just fine, now is no longer working except for me

what actions do you take on form submission, what is the form name given to the submitted form. I guess they might have overwritten some old form.

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 10-26-2009 10:40 PM In reply to

• Shiva
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2005
    • India
    • Posts 694

Hello,

How you are submitting the InfoPath form to SharePoint Library? Using InfoPath data connection or using any code to submit the form? Check once the data connection might be changed?

How you are displaying the alert message? Are you checking any condition like form is submitted or not to display alert message?

• 10-27-2009 08:46 AM In reply to

• AmyCG
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 10-26-2009
    • Posts 5

Hi,

The forms get a unique name -- and when I submit a form myself, it shows up on the list.  It is not over-writing itself.

This is a very simple form -- when submitted, it is supposed to go the library.  It has been working just fine. It appears to allow other people to submit the form, but their forms don't get into the library.  Both of these people have submitted forms in the past with no problem.  I had our resident "expert" test it and he can't figure out why this is happening either.  (His appeared to be submitted, but didn't show up in the library either.)  Since mine do appear, I have to believe that the location is OK.

I didn't change anything, that's the strangest part.

Is there any sort of command that would only allow my forms to be submitted?  I haven't put one in like that, but it's the only thing I can think of that would do this.

AmyCG
  • 10-29-2009 08:00 AM In reply to

• AmyCG
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 10-26-2009
    • Posts 5

I found out where everything was going.

For some reason, check in/check out got activated by the forms -- although I did not activate this on my list.

So the forms are there, but they are not checked in.  And it will not allow them to be checked in, even by the creators, because it's looking for required information.  All the information is filled in -- so there is no more required information.

Any suggestions?

AmyCG
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.