In a multi-view form, how can I send only one view via email? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

In a multi-view form, how can I send only one view via email?

Last post 10-22-2009 11:44 AM by myrockmyshelter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2009 01:52 PM

In a multi-view form, how can I send only one view via email?

I used the blog/write up about tabs from Mel balsamo (see here) and was wondering if:

I am having one issue (I am rather new to Infopath, so pardon me if this is a newb question), but after the form is filled out, and I send it via email, the email still lets everyone see ALL the tabs. How in Infopath do you get it so after the tab is filled out, then hit the "send this form to" and it goes in an email, make the tabs not work or disapear? because each one of the tabs I am using goes to someone different who does not need to see the other tabs/forms. When the person is filling out the form, I want them to see the views and switch tabs if neccesary, but when it is actually sent, I want the email to only contain the current view (tab) that they have just filled out.

thanks for any help on this, and if this needs to be directed somewhere else, I am sorry.

E Cooley
  • 10-21-2009 07:34 AM In reply to

Re: In a multi-view form, how can I send only one view via email?

Any thoughts on this? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

E Cooley
  • 10-21-2009 08:00 AM In reply to

Infopath will send via email whatever the user is looking at.

I'd suggest you create separate sections.

Section A contains the tabbed view.

Section B contains the email view.

When the user submits, the form hides the tabbed view, displays the email view, and then sends email.

Obviously, you may have more than one Section B (one for each tab). Hide/display via conditional formatting as necessary.

Good luck.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-21-2009 08:02 AM In reply to

By the way, I changed the title of the thread because the question is not specific to the blog post written by Mel. Hopefully the new title will attract more readers.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-22-2009 11:44 AM In reply to

Ernesto,

I was not exactly sure how to go about this: "

Section B contains the email view.

When the user submits, the form hides the tabbed view, displays the email view, and then sends email."

But I found another way to work around it. I moved the tabs to a section (section a) and then moved the rest of the form to section b. Then I made section A an optional section that is hidden and then can be unhidden by user (not sure if this was what you meant, but that is what I did). It works great, and I thank you very much for the help.

ps, My girlfriend is from Porto Alegre, BR. Ciao!

E Cooley
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.