On Submit Save and Email as PDF or Word Doc - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

On Submit Save and Email as PDF or Word Doc

Last post 10-16-2009 06:34 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2009 12:52 PM

On Submit Save and Email as PDF or Word Doc

Hey Everyone,

First of all I want to take the time to say this is a great site and a great resource tool for me as I learn InfoPath!

I am currrently working on a project for my manager that will allow a Sales Rep to be out in the field WITHOUT connectivity filling out a form I have created for them based on the customers answers. The problem I am running into is that my manager wants the "Submit" button I am placing on the form to email and close the form, easy enough. But in the process of the email being sent or before he would like it to be converted into a Word Doc or PDF so when the recipient gets the email they have a nice PDF or Word Doc to look at. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help with this.

-Daniel 

• 10-16-2009 06:16 AM In reply to

Re: On Submit Save and Email as PDF or Word Doc

Anyone?

• 10-16-2009 06:34 AM In reply to

Re: On Submit Save and Email as PDF or Word Doc

It would have to be done with custom code, first. Secondly, at least for the PDF option, I think you'd have to go with full trust. Here's a code sample for exporting to PDF. And here's a link to the MSDN documentation on the EmailAdapter Object, which you'll need for adding your attachment after you've exported to PDF....

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.