Attached document in Insert File control only opens up in Read only?! - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Attached document in Insert File control only opens up in Read only?!

Last post 12-23-2009 08:20 AM by bruderbell. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2009 12:21 PM

Attached document in Insert File control only opens up in Read only?!

Hello,

I've put a insert file control on a InfoPath 2007 form but when I go back to the submitted file and open it up again, it only opens up in Read Only...how can I make the document it editable?

Lisa

Lisa Choi
    Defender of SharePoint and InfoPath

• 10-13-2009 04:19 PM In reply to

Re: Attached document in Insert File control only opens up in Read only?!

Are you asking how to edit an attached file while it is attached to an InfoPath form?  I don't think this is possible.  You'll need to save it to your hard drive, edit the file, and then re-attach it.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 10-13-2009 04:33 PM In reply to

Well it wasn't doing that before, so I'm confused why it would revert to edit only now.  But then before, I had it extracted and stored in a seperate document library.  The code got corrupted and now I can't find the code to reset it.... I don't suppose anyone knows how to deal with this issue also?

Lisa Choi
    Defender of SharePoint and InfoPath

• 12-23-2009 08:20 AM In reply to

I'm facing a similar problem, did you find any solution?  I really want to find a way to open a file attached to an infopath form and be able to edit the file and resave it, keeping it attached to the form the whole time.  I know I can save it locally and re-attach it to the form, but not all of my users are that tech-smart.  Ideas?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.