ADO Security Warning - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

ADO Security Warning

Last post 04-30-2010 08:33 AM by Jimmy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2005 06:34 AM

ADO Security Warning

I finally finished my form and published it to a shared folder out on the network. When I run the form to test it, I get two ADO Security Warning messages. One says "Website uses data provider that may be unsafe". The other says "Website is using your identity to access a data source". If I click Ok, My form opens for input. What is causing these warnings, and is there a way to turn them off?

Todd Grayson
    US Army
  • 01-19-2006 12:02 PM In reply to

I know this is over a year old, but it seems to get a lot of hits and I am getting the same problem. Does anyone know what's going on?

---------------
    Matt Faus
    InfoPath Dev Texas
    Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 01-24-2006 09:24 AM In reply to

I solved this problem by using regform.exe to register the form as full-trust. This is a pretty trivial problem after you think about it. I think it arose in my situation due to making revisions to the form, saving to a different location, and then forgetting to register the new version as full-trust. Always try re-registering a form as full trust after you make revisions, it ususually fixes things.

---------------
    Matt Faus
    InfoPath Dev Texas
    Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 11-26-2007 02:22 PM In reply to

• Swanee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-26-2007
    • Posts 2

I was a little confused on how to setup a full trust form that Matt was talking about. Here is a good link that explains how to register a form as full-trust.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb251025.aspx

• 11-26-2007 08:22 PM In reply to

Hi Swanee and welcome to the forum! Thanks so much for the excellent link.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
    Filed under:
  • 04-30-2010 07:46 AM In reply to

Sorry to be bumping an old message, but I'm having difficulty with this issue. Unfortunately i"m stuck using 2003 until my corporate office decides to upgrade to 2007  - I'm using an infopath form to make update to an access database. - I just don't understand the logic of the ADO messages, when any user on my domain, if they so desired, could easily just delete the whole access file? 

I tried the digital certificate idea, but then it says "it's not signed" - so I guess my certificate isn't valid? I think this product has potential to be very helpful for our business group, although I shouldn't have to go through our enterprise security group to make updates to a database.

• 04-30-2010 08:33 AM In reply to

I don't think InfoPath 2007 would work much differently in this regard.

InfoPath doesn't know anything about your domain's security settings or that the permissions on the access file are wide open. It is designed to warn the user if code is trying to make database requests that don't use the form's data connections.

To avoid these warnings, you should try using the form's data connections to make your SQL queries. The types of queries that it will let you set up using the wizard are limited, but there are plenty of blogs and tutorials on the web that show how to dynamically change the query right before invoking the data connection to get the behavior you need. 

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.