Redirecting attached/inserted documents from a InfoPath form to a different SharePoint library - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Redirecting attached/inserted documents from a InfoPath form to a different SharePoint library

Last post 10-03-2009 04:49 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2009 07:47 PM

Redirecting attached/inserted documents from a InfoPath form to a different SharePoint library

So I find myself the owner of this InfoPath form where the attached documents are redirected to a different SharePoint library. The actual form goes to the default library but the stripped Word (or whatever) document goes to a different location.

In my zealot approach to fix an error message, I unknowingly deleted the redirect code(?) that directs the attached document to a different path?  Does anyone have any insight to this? Am I missing something here?

There really is no previous documentation on how this form was developed.  I thought I was pretty good with troubleshooting InfoPath forms but this one has me stumped.

Perhaps it has to do with the Submit option?  The further I did into this problem, the farther down the rabbit hole I go....

Any insight to how others dealt with this would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Lisa Choi

Lisa Choi
    Defender of SharePoint and InfoPath

• 10-03-2009 04:49 AM In reply to

Re: Redirecting attached/inserted documents from a InfoPath form to a different SharePoint library

It seems likely that the form had some custom code with it to save the attached documents to a SharePoint library. You'll need to try to track down the source code files for the form or you could try qRules (version 1.8 was just released, and it is free) which has a Save To SharePoint command that you could use for this functionality without having to write custom code or track down the original form designer.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.