Error message opening the form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Error message opening the form

Last post 09-23-2009 09:22 AM by bella. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2009 03:13 PM

• bella
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2009
    • Posts 9

Error message opening the form

I have an InfoPath 2003 Form on a SharePoint v3.0 site. Currently 1 person in my office is not able to open the InfoPath form. The person keeps receiving the following error: "Your user name or group membership cannot be verified because the form's security settings do not permit it" He's the only person that has experienced this error. I verified his Intranet settings and made sure he added the SharePoint site to his trusted sites and he still continues to receive this error. The only difference I can see with his computer and everyone else's computer is that he is using IE8 whereas everyone else in the group is still using IE6. However I don't know if that could be causing the problem.

Can anyone help with solutions to this error?

Thanks, bella

• 09-23-2009 12:46 AM In reply to

Re: Error message opening the form

i would say the best way to trouble shoot this, is to log on as somebody else on his machine, and see if the forms open using that account. that should give you a good idea what is going wrong.

personally i dont think IE8 should be causing problems. because i never faced such kind of problems. Infopath is designed to work with any browser

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 09-23-2009 09:22 AM In reply to

• bella
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2009
    • Posts 9

Re: Error message opening the form

Good suggestion and we tried that, still had issues.  So we called the company help desk and it turns out that once we rolled back to IE6, the problem resolved itself.  It had something to do with certificates using IE8 and how it was recognizing the logged on user.  This may or may not be a company specific issue...but for now it is working. 

Thanks for your suggestion though.

bella

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.