Publish as PDF, and PDF formatting questions. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Publish as PDF, and PDF formatting questions.

Last post 12-21-2009 09:27 AM by jritmeijer@muhimbi.com. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2009 12:22 PM

Publish as PDF, and PDF formatting questions.

Our CSO uses a laptop from another company and does not have InfoPath installed.  However, he is the person who will need to review/approve security incident reports and we do not own the version of Sharepoint that includes forms services.

I have built a form template for the SIR, but I want to have a button on it that allows the creator to publish the form to Sharepoint as a PDF.  Is that possible or will they have to do it from the file menu in InfoPath?  Or, is there a way to set up a workflow to convert the document to PDF automatically when it is submitted? 

Also, I don't like the format of the PDF and would like to change it so that it looks like the print view.  Is that possible?

I am not a developer, so will not understand answers that involve coding nor do I have developers tools.  I am hoping to find a solution that is built in (using rules and/or conditional formatting, etc) to InfoPath or conversion that can be set up in a workflow using Sharepoint Designer

• 09-20-2009 07:24 AM In reply to

Re: Publish as PDF, and PDF formatting questions.

Someone more familiar with SharePoint workflows will have to speak to whether it can do a PDF conversion, but in InfoPath the non-code solution is to have the user do that from the file menu in InfoPath. If you'd like it to use the print view, you can print to PDF -- free CutePDF Writer will do this.

Hilary Stoupa

• 12-21-2009 09:27 AM In reply to

Re: Publish as PDF, and PDF formatting questions.

You can convert to PDF as part of a workflow using a third party utility. I have worked on one, which is available at http://www.muhimbi.com/Products/PDF-Converter-for-SharePoint/Summary.aspx
    Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.