Debug several projects... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Debug several projects...

Last post 11-16-2004 08:04 AM by jonbrave. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2004 06:33 AM

Debug several projects...

My current setup is that I'm using Visual Studio.Net. I have an InfoPath (IP) project. I have also included my Web Service (WS) within the IP Project. I would like to run my IP and have it step through my Web Service. For doing a Select, this is not necessary, but for doing an Insert or Update, where WS does not provide an output and an error occurs ie.

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
    An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
    The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataSet dataSet)
    at WSNewEmployeeNotification.NewEmployeeNotification.UpdateNewEmployeeNotification(DataSet myDataSet) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Web_Services\WSNewEmployeeNotification\WSNewEmployeeNotification.asmx.vb:line 193
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I would at least like to attempt to find something within the Web Service since IP doesn't really tell me what's causing the error.

• 11-16-2004 08:04 AM In reply to

• jonbrave
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-15-2004
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 59

Re: Debug several projects...

Do you mean, you have one of these new-fangled stinky integrated IP projects in VS.NET, using managed code, having downloaded the new IP 2003 Toolkit for VS.NET? Which runs like a dog...

'Coz I've stuck to the separate IP project, nothing to do with VS.NET, using MS Script, and then I know how to do what you want...

For your way, have you tried just putting a breakpoint in the WS and see if the debugger picks it up? It probably doesn't... Otherwise, all I can think of is one of:
    * can you run two instances of VS.NET against the same "project", one for the IP, the other for the WS?
    * or, set off the IP in non-debug-run mode, then set off the WS in debug-run-mode
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.