End users who do not have InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

End users who do not have InfoPath

Last post 08-29-2009 11:54 PM by Qazi Anis. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2009 07:39 PM

End users who do not have InfoPath

Hello all, this is my first time on the forums-

I'm looking to build an offline form to function as a backup for an already created online form (in case for whatever reason the online form fails).  It's an application form for students.  Given that the form is aimed at students it is not really practical to have them all buy InfoPath just to fill out this form, so I have been reading about features that are in InfoPath and InfoPath Forms Services (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/HA102105871033.aspx#4).

Am I to understand this correctly that if the end user does not have InfoPath installed then they cannot submit form data to the database?

Thanks

-phud

• 08-27-2009 10:37 PM In reply to

Re: End users who do not have InfoPath

you can ask them to save the form from broswer as *.mht file and it will be sort of offline backup and they can also submit the form later on.

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 08-28-2009 03:51 AM In reply to

Hi there,

I don't believe there is a way to send data from the browser (IPFS) to SQL. That's (one of the reasons why) Qdabra created DBXL: when you have a limitation for the end user (i.e. they all can't buy InfoPath), you can use server software like DBXL to bridge the gap and send the data to SQL tables.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-28-2009 05:53 AM In reply to

How form server can  transform the form in a browser if you are offline... It's a server operation than cannot work if you are offline!!!

I think I don't understand your question...

Rémi MATAYRON / MVP InfoPath
    Visit my blog : Infopath Blog
  • 08-29-2009 11:54 PM In reply to

when u save the form as mht, it creates sort of back up of course with limitations, limitations like rules wont get fired, but the form will be rendered and u can save ur changes, and later submit them when u r online. This is not the best solution but i think it is the only solution

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.